• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO 42/45mm vs. gEn

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase a UPO, couple of quick questions that will help me and/or other members to finalize our decisions:

ETA 2824-2 45mm version:
http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/new-arrival-planet-ocean-45mm-ultimate-edition-upo-on-bracelet-updated-dial/

ETA 2836-2 42mm version:
http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-blackwhite-on-ss-bracelet-eta2836/

42mm per RM:
"Made with a Genuine Watch Completely DIssected.. The Ultimate Best 42MM 1:1 Planet Ocean... Correct OMEGA Logo, No Happy Feet, Purple Tone AR Coating... Same Tone as per Genuine"

1) How do I know if the 45mm that PT is offering is better and/or equivalent to the RM one? how can I tell if they were produced in the same factory?

2) Which rep is more accurate to the gen? the 42/45mm?

3) I'm thinking about purchasing an additional strap, how accurate is the rubber strap to the gen?

Thank you!

Glimmer

15/5/10
Jupp, keep reading. There is like a million posts just for this subject so don't give up. From what I know however the current 42 mm without the happy feet etc is pretty good except for a few minor things, but I don't know the specifics about the 45mm. There was a thread like 2 months ago with a proper teardown of them both comparing to a gen. Try to find that one is my best advice ;P Good luck finding one you like!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Before I take time to answer your questions......

Are you not partial to either size? Do you plan to mod or add Gen parts?

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
Before I take time to answer your questions......

Are you not partial to either size? Do you plan to mod or add Gen parts?

I think I would like the 45mm. It doesn't seem to have any easy/medium tells and I love the size. Although the 42mm appears to be more accurate. I would buy it all orange with the ETA and both straps. At this point I don't think I will mod it, BUT I'm open for suggestions.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The UPO is a great rep. I recomend having it QC'd before shipment though ;)

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
How do I know if the 45mm that PT is offering is better and/or equivalent to the RM one? how can I tell if they were produced in the same factory?

SteveG

29/6/06
I would look into marvelous replica, a dealer on this forum, I purchased a 45mm one from him, has it with correct dial no "happy feet", great service and great watch. He has it in black with white numbers, and I don't believe he can get it in orange.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would look into marvelous replica, a dealer on this forum, I purchased a 45mm one from him, has it with correct dial no "happy feet", great service and great watch. He has it in black with white numbers, and I don't believe he can get it in orange.

Do you have a picture of yours? And how does it compare to your UPO Lite?

SteveG

29/6/06
I don't have any pictures, but if you look at his offering in the dealer section it's spot on with the pictures there. I recently sold my UPO lite due to crown stripping issues. Not to mention I'm not a fan of the DG4813 movement, while cheaply replaced, not as reliable as an ETA which this watch has. For $230 can't beat his offer.

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
Can somebody please help me and answer my three original questions on post #1???

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase a UPO, couple of quick questions that will help me and/or other members to finalize our decisions:

ETA 2824-2 45mm version:
http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/new-arrival-planet-ocean-45mm-ultimate-edition-upo-on-bracelet-updated-dial/

ETA 2836-2 42mm version:
http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-blackwhite-on-ss-bracelet-eta2836/

42mm per RM:
"Made with a Genuine Watch Completely DIssected.. The Ultimate Best 42MM 1:1 Planet Ocean... Correct OMEGA Logo, No Happy Feet, Purple Tone AR Coating... Same Tone as per Genuine"

1) How do I know if the 45mm that PT is offering is better and/or equivalent to the RM one? how can I tell if they were produced in the same factory?

2) Which rep is more accurate to the gen? the 42/45mm?

3) I'm thinking about purchasing an additional strap, how accurate is the rubber strap to the gen?

Thank you!

1) Impossible to answer. They both look great.

2) I think the UPO looks more accurate out of the box

3) The 22mm strap looks really close. The 20mm one tapers to 18mm and the Gen one stays 20mm

;)

zathan1

Looking Around
12/1/11
Dear Friends!
Today I was as luck to meet that Omega Ultimate 42mm.
Absolute fantastic watch, much more accurate than 45mm. The 45mm version has bad-bad-bad case back. The Omega Seemonster logo absolute incorrect. But finally in this new 42 millimeter version, the Chinese managed to make an exact (or nearly exact) copy.
The only flaw that I saw, is the standard pearl-triangle flaw, but this flaw is on EVERY Omega replica. Maybe it is a salvation to replace the bezel with a genuine.
I am planning to buy an Omega replica, and I will buy only the 42 mm ultimate version, because it is fare-fare the best available Omega rep in this days.

SteveG

29/6/06
Dear Friends!
Today I was as luck to meet that Omega Ultimate 42mm.
Absolute fantastic watch, much more accurate than 45mm. The 45mm version has bad-bad-bad case back. The Omega Seemonster logo absolute incorrect. But finally in this new 42 millimeter version, the Chinese managed to make an exact (or nearly exact) copy.
The only flaw that I saw, is the standard pearl-triangle flaw, but this flaw is on EVERY Omega replica. Maybe it is a salvation to replace the bezel with a genuine.
I am planning to buy an Omega replica, and I will buy only the 42 mm ultimate version, because it is fare-fare the best available Omega rep in this days.

Really? Have you not read reviews on the newest 42mm offering? Omega logo while better still sits far to close to the "OMEGA" lettering. Dial colors and date wheel off, silver tones instead of white. People are still reporting clasp issues and end link gaps. I wouldn't be too concerned on whether the sea monster engraved case back is better, as no one will see that.

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
Really? Have you not read reviews on the newest 42mm offering? Omega logo while better still sits far to close to the "OMEGA" lettering. Dial colors and date wheel off, silver tones instead of white. People are still reporting clasp issues and end link gaps. I wouldn't be too concerned on whether the sea monster engraved case back is better, as no one will see that.

So I assume you will prefer the 45mm. Is the wording on the 45mm dial white/silver?

SteveG

29/6/06
I'm just of the opinion that the 45mm is the best out of the box. Let's face it we nitpick here, most people wouldn't know the difference including those who only buy gens. I would go for which ever size you like better. But to answer your question the 45mm that I own has white numbers and white date numbers not silver as per gen

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
I guess I will go with the 45mm right after CNY. Any last thoughts or suggestions?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would get it QC'd and try to order both the rubber and bracelet.
It's fun to switch.