• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
On the AP vs Patek watches themselves is based on your personal taste - we cannot help you with that. I also don't think getting a fully modded AP will cost you anywhere less than that. However, if you pursue the Patek route, you will start seeing people putting the 324 clone movement into their PF cases. If you invest in a PPF now, later you might find yourself the opportunity of investing more and more. To my knowledge there is no AP clone movement, so today you are less likely to turn the AP you buy to something more.

Buying and enjoying the watch ootb, however, is another story. In my opinion the PPF out of the box is great. Again I don't know shit about AP.

Both reps, AP 15202 XF v2 and PP 5711 PPF v3-4 ootb are great wartches. Perhaps, AP 15202 XF v2 is closer to GEN

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Both reps, AP 15202 XF v2 and PP 5711 PPF v3-4 ootb are great wartches. Perhaps, AP 15202 XF v2 is closer to GEN

Now I think you can try answering your own question knowing:

1. In your own opinion the AP is closer to gen.
2. Which watch suits your personal style more.

RickC137

Horology Curious
25/10/18
I just wish they could have at least fixed something on like the crown guard on the v4. I’d purchase a white dial in a second. Rep factories’ business model is starting to remind me of Apple lol

Reactions: WRAPPSWISS

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I just wish they could have at least fixed something on like the crown guard on the v4. I’d purchase a white dial in a second. Rep factories’ business model is starting to remind me of Apple lol

This is an interesting point. Apple's goal is to improve every year. I have to admit that Apple's release is well built every year. It is the matter of whether we want to pay the premium again for a minor upgrade.

While the rep factories are also improving from time to time, we'd like to think that the rep factories' job is to solve their own problems, because their job isn't solely to make a good watch, but also to copy the genuine. Here, it is the matter of whether we want to pay the premium again for a minor problem solving while admitting other existing problems on the watch.

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
18/3/20
South Korea
Hello,
New updated dial : blue like gen
Updated clasp with ceramic ball

e54a9fba9aec9f5cc39c8efbefc1c13f.jpg

https://www.intime05.co/patek-phili...blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf324.html

More options more confusion. After spending fair amount of time on PPFv3 or 3K or PF. I was finally going to order PPF v3 today but now v4 comes in hahaha. Again not sure, which dial I like more old one or new. I am kind of drawn towards old v3 one, i kind of like its darkish look. Would love to hear more opinions. Thank you!

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
More options more confusion. After spending fair amount of time on PPFv3 or 3K or PF. I was finally going to order PPF v3 today but now v4 comes in hahaha. Again not sure, which dial I like more old one or new. I am kind of drawn towards old v3 one, i kind of like its darkish look. Would love to hear more opinions. Thank you!

I think the V4 dial went to the right direction but too much gray, but it could be the strong lighting making the gray appearance. If you don't mind waiting I am sure they will be people on our forum buying and reviewing it.

Reactions: WRAPPSWISS

shaw

MULTI ACCOUNT
18/3/20
South Korea
I think the V4 dial went to the right direction but too much gray, but it could be the strong lighting making the gray appearance. If you don't mind waiting I am sure they will be people on our forum buying and reviewing it.

Yes, it has the greenish/gray effect which is good too. Wait would be atleast a month or two long. I am not sure, I can wait more. May be I will be the one who review it lol.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Yes, it has the greenish/gray effect which is good too. Wait would be atleast a month or two long. I am not sure, I can wait more. May be I will be the one who review it lol.

It is a good watch by itself I am sure, but you know things will start to go wrong if you start comparing one watch to another. Buying it blind means you are taking the risk of being unhappy and keep wanting the "right" watch. Some people can afford buying another right after, while some cannot.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
And they couldn't fix the crown/crown guard issue!?! SMH!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

shaw

MULTI ACCOUNT
18/3/20
South Korea
It is a good watch by itself I am sure, but you know things will start to go wrong if you start comparing one watch to another. Buying it blind means you are taking the risk of being unhappy and keep wanting the "right" watch. Some people can afford buying another right after, while some cannot.

Yes, well said buddy. Sure, it has very difficult to spend $500 on a same watch. What I am thinking is I am also waiting for AP 15202 which has the darker blue dial. This slightly grayish PPFv4 can add more diversity to my collection. BTW i am not in a pursuit of closer to the gen, just the better looking/quality rep on its own.

asuwere

2/6/19
The minute markers on the white dial seem shifted up a bit. Look how far "Swiss" is from the bottom. At least on the photos at InTime.

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
On the AP vs Patek watches themselves is based on your personal taste - we cannot help you with that. I also don't think getting a fully modded AP will cost you anywhere less than that. However, if you pursue the Patek route, you will start seeing people putting the 324 clone movement into their PF cases. If you invest in a PPF now, later you might find yourself the opportunity of investing more and more. To my knowledge there is no AP clone movement, so today you are less likely to turn the AP you buy to something more.

Buying and enjoying the watch ootb, however, is another story. In my opinion the PPF out of the box is great. Again I don't know shit about AP.

Excellent comment. I've been doing reading on 3K review below as well as some folks who has PPF V4(or even v3)
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/8810411-3k-nautilus-review

In your opinion. Is the 3K much better than the V4 PPF? The price is about $100 difference but I know most of the rep watch owners critique about subtle differences compared to GEN. What is your opinion which is better? Better as in closest to Gen like.

I know no reps is like a GEN and all has its own flaws. But if you had to pick one, you'd say 3K or V4 PPF?

I personally like the PPF V4.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Excellent comment. I've been doing reading on 3K review below as well as some folks who has PPF V4(or even v3)
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...autilus-review

In your opinion. Is the 3K much better than the V4 PPF? The price is about $100 difference but I know most of the rep watch owners critique about subtle differences compared to GEN. What is your opinion which is better? Better as in closest to Gen like.

I know no reps is like a GEN and all has its own flaws. But if you had to pick one, you'd say 3K or V4 PPF?

I personally like the PPF V4.

PPF V4 just came out, and I dont think anyone gotten one yet.

I'd say PPF v4 too for wearing ootb. If you want to invest more now or in the future, buy the PF and keylog dwo do the usual PPF/PF hybrid mod (so that you dont have to live with the PPF fat bezel and protruding crown).

In the future after we see people successfully putting clone 324 movement into their PF cases, you can invest even more by buying a 3K just for the movement and hands. Getting the 3K now for me isn't worthy at all because I won't use it in the future for the hybrid mod after knowing a better engraved clone 324 movement comes out.

However, if you cannot live with the PPF protruding crown (which can be kinda fixed) and fat bezel (isn't that obvious) and cannot afford the hybrid mod, I guess 3K or even other cheaper options is the way to go. 3K is well constructed but has the visibly larger endlink than gen.

So above is for the blue dial, and regarding your questions earlier about the white dial: the PPF white dial and hands are nwbig worthy (I know people who have handled the gen dial will disagree). The gray markers on your TD's picture is probably due to lighting and viewing angle. TD's pictures especially on colors don't mean much.

Last edited:
Reactions: roadtofreedom