• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated Fully Modded 15202ST

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
They only removed the pizza?
They do a whole bunch of mods -
Hand base shaved down and improved width
Bevel, brush and polish case and bracelet, make the bracelet feel smooth and nice
Silence the rotor (due to Miyota base movement)
Bezel screws realigned and polished
Alignment of markers and hands
Dial rework to be better and more correct in colour to gen

Last edited:

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Clone movements of the 2121? Good luck. They used to be less expensive back then so the window has passed on them but they were ~2k back then. I remember one going for auction at like 1.5k. I think factories sell plenty (thousands) with miyota and won’t see more people buying them if they had clones.

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
How does the bracelet feel and look? I hear they brush, bevel and polish it. But I am scared they overdo it and make it less flashy on the links and case.
I have nothing to compare it to but to me it feels and looks beautifully finished

ScarletT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/20
United Kingdom
Mr @legend , I was wondering if you could chime in as the expert.
Wanted your opinion on ZF vs AMF rework vs SW vs DP v2 vs Buff dials for the 15202.
Not sure if you have a little order of best to worst based on your experience/pictures.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Mr @legend , I was wondering if you could chime in as the expert.
Wanted your opinion on ZF vs AMF rework vs SW vs DP v2 vs Buff dials for the 15202.
Not sure if you have a little order of best to worst based on your experience/pictures.
Actually to me, there are 2 broad categories: gen and rep. For me anything which isn’t gen is a matter of preference, so I will not rank them. Reps are worn for self-amusement and novelty and AP reps aren’t actual AP watches, they just look like APs. Buff has no 15202 dials to my knowledge and for the rest, none are perfect VS gen. I’ll choose the amf modded dial (which is based on the ZF) but I stress that it’s a matter of preference, don’t take any notes based on what I personally prefer.
Like I mentioned I won’t rank them but I have given you my own personal take. Please choose what you like personally. Have a good time with your watch, that is the most important thing!

ScarletT

17/9/20
United Kingdom
Actually to me, there are 2 broad categories: gen and rep. For me anything which isn’t gen is a matter of preference, so I will not rank them. Reps are worn for self-amusement and novelty and AP reps aren’t actual AP watches, they just look like APs. Buff has no 15202 dials to my knowledge and for the rest, none are perfect VS gen. I’ll choose the amf modded dial (which is based on the ZF) but I stress that it’s a matter of preference, don’t take any notes based on what I personally prefer.
Like I mentioned I won’t rank them but I have given you my own personal take. Please choose what you like personally. Have a good time with your watch, that is the most important thing!
Thanks for the response, will have a look what looks best to me personally and take my pick.

love_in_jumbo

22/7/23
South Korea
Thank you so much. Your taste itself is of great help to me

Reactions: mcboom

diddykongracing

Horology Curious
19/12/22
your mom's house
[h=2]Happy to announce new upgrade that recently was developed. It is still based on ZF base model with further mods to improve the watch to more how it should be like.[/h]
Mods performed as on v1

Hand base shaved down and improved width
Bevel, brush and polish case and bracelet, make the bracelet feel smooth and nice
Silence the rotor (due to Miyota base movement)
Bezel screws realigned and polished
Alignment of markers and hands

Updated mods
Dial rework to be better and more correct in colour to gen .Stock dial is a little too dull and this further enhances the fully modded version of this. This is meticulous and very intricate work but we have strive for this upgrade to further improve the 15202 offering to be better .Updated with more picture showing the effect of dial .

zmjVHt.jpg

zmjxEF.jpg

zmjc12.jpg

zmjbt5.jpg

zmjg4E.jpg

zmzDgn.jpg

zmzjo3.jpg

zmzzPs.jpg

zmzK5D.jpg

zmz30Y.jpg
Looks great. can you describe the work that is done for the 'Dial rework to be better and more correct in colour to gen'?

dam0n

Horology Curious
6/8/14
Looks sweet! Out of interest, how do you silence the rotor? Is it a balance and reoil or something more extreme?