• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upcoming Franken Seamaster Teaser!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Tap ..... tap ...... tap .......
aug08_021.gif

Waiting........

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
To understand how impatience i am about that one, i have made the whole thread and saved into a doc and only the pics are missing..!

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Lol Pap oh Pap. Well if I were you I would be just as excited. Looking forward to watching this.

Any news on the pushers?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
You know i love you guys but i have to tease you!!! That's the purpose of this thread hahahaha

So i am telling you that we know what to do but we are working on how we will do it...

Damn, i love frankens, i am having a great time building this one!

I promise though, that all your questions will be answered!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Hi Mr. Pap, where I can find a thread for the finished product? I did some search but did not magage to find anything. I am really getting interested of this watch :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Unfortunately it is not yet finished. We are stuck with the pushers at the moment...

I hope next month i will have it in my hands... i will post a new topic at once of course.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Unfortunately it is not yet finished. We are stuck with the pushers at the moment...

I hope next month i will have it in my hands... i will post a new topic at once of course.

Ok, thanks for the update! I am anxiously waiting for it to be finished :)

sunnydale

29/8/09
Mr. Pap, in the meantime, would you answer some questions? I am getting more and more interested of getting one of these Frankened so:

Will the gen crystal fit directly?
What about the gen bezel?

If I do this, I will buy the new updated model 2008 in Blue and use a rep dial with gen hands, crystal, DW and bezel. How does it sounds like?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Mr. Pap, in the meantime, would you answer some questions? I am getting more and more interested of getting one of these Frankened so:

Will the gen crystal fit directly?
What about the gen bezel?

If I do this, I will buy the new updated model 2008 in Blue and use a rep dial with gen hands, crystal, DW and bezel. How does it sounds like?

The crystal is the only part i didn't change, due to funds availability, but i have seen one with a gen crystal so i suppose it can be done.

The bezel seems a straight swap. Find a gen click spring also as not to be loose.

The new dial is nicer than the old one to be honest, i was thinking of reluming it cause the gen one worths a fortune, so its a nice option to keep the rep! Note here to buy the correct longer subdial hands for the new model cause the other ones are kind of short...

The other parts you chose are pretty much the must have ones, so go with it!!!:)

sunnydale

29/8/09
The crystal is the only part i didn't change, due to funds availability, but i have seen one with a gen crystal so i suppose it can be done.

The bezel seems a straight swap. Find a gen click spring also as not to be loose.

The new dial is nicer than the old one to be honest, i was thinking of reluming it cause the gen one worths a fortune, so its a nice option to keep the rep! Note here to buy the correct longer subdial hands for the new model cause the other ones are kind of short...

The other parts you chose are pretty much the must have ones, so go with it!!!:)

Thanks for the answer Mr. Pap! Now it is only a matter of money :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Since the older Gens are not Ar coated both sides like the Planet Ocean, I wouldn't get the gen crystal for a project like this. That's My two anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Since the older Gens are not Ar coated both sides like the Planet Ocean, I wouldn't get the gen crystal for a project like this. That's My two anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If i had bought a gen crystal and now i was reading this, i would have been really dissapointed :lol:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
What a coincidence! I just got an update that we had a stressful thread creation for the pushers on stock metal, next try will be the steel case, so i can say we are in the final stage at last...

sunnydale

29/8/09
Great! I got my Chrono today and the aftermarket bezel insert from Ebay is on its way and also the double side AR coated crystal :) I will mod that aftermarket insert and keep it until I find a gen bezel.

Rep crystal sucks!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Great! I got my Chrono today and the aftermarket bezel insert from Ebay is on its way and also the double side AR coated crystal :) I will mod that aftermarket insert and keep it until I find a gen bezel.

Rep crystal sucks!

Nice!!! If you need a gen pearl for the moding shoot me a pm. And yeap rep crystal clarity is really bad...

Can't wait to see this, it's definitely been a long journey...

A long journey it is indeed. Its a whole year, now that i am thinking of it, but stay tuned, sometime in the next 4 weeks this will be in my hands :maty:

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Can't wait to see your project to be done Mr. Pap, good luck!