• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unusual TC 16610 with rare and perfect rehaut!

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
Hi all.

Just wanted to show off my newest acquisition. A very rare run of early TCs, from way back when he still used swiss movements. As many of you know I have had my fair share of TCs, and only ONE of those ever had a rehaut that was so perfect that it was basically indistinguishable from gen or Sean. I was stupid enough to sell this to Zocker416, and have begged him to sell it back to me countless times, but of course without luck :woo:

Then a few months back I spotted this amazing example, and finally managed to get it away from the owner, and let me tell you - this limited batch of V4 cases is definetely something out of the ordinary. I have had flat and perpendicular rehauts en masse, and some deeper ones too, but what they all lacked was the perfect slope. As most of you know TCs dials are a bit too large in radius compared to gen, and this is likely a result of the cases having a too large radiused rehaut. This batch, however, has a dial that has the correct diameter, and a matching rehaut - I know "wokky" is a bad word around here, but the fact is that the gen rehaut IS somewhat wokky, though of course not to the extend that BP had on their 16610s. The dial indices are also much nicer than most TCs, and actually ressemble the KH dial pretty closely, both in terms of raised print and white gold surroundings. The datewheel is also a bit unusual in that the printing is even more raised and shiny than even the V4 DWO, and has a slightly slimmer font - all dates are perfectly centered too. Oh - and check out that SEL fit and CG's :D

The variances in TC subs will forever remain a mystery, but wanted to share with you all this pristine example. I have of course given it my usual treatment of softening the lugs and rebrushing the lug pattern to be like gen both in look and feel.

Let me know what you all think, and if anyone else besides me and Zocker has one from this lovely batch.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
man that is a nice case... deep rehaut! lugs look great! nice chamfer on the case and the end links are near perfect

Was this case originally engraved and then shaved?

Gen parts include the insert and the crown? Anything else???

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Love the deep rehualt!
Looks awesome dude!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Yes that is indeed a very very nice early TC Sub. That rehaut sure as heck gives that 'deep' gen look. Hold on that one this time ! TC's watches never seize to amaze !

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Hey Bro !!! :)

You find the Sister of my 16610 :D
Very nice! I have think there isn´t another soooooo Perfect Case out.

This Rep can only beat by the Gen! And the differents will be marginal.

So i hope you HOLD it this Time! And if you ever plan to Sell it, you know who will Buy it :D

A Stunner! Really...

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Pics of the Brother ;)

The Specs have changed a little as i got it from you ;)

The Dial was changed for an TC KH Dial
The Hands was Hand sorted... Absolut Scratch free ;)
Gen Crystal without AR but with LEC
I have Serviced the Movement and Regulated to Cosc Standart
The Bezel i changed for an Hand Sorted Clark it has much better teeths
Crown i have change for an Gen one
Case and Bracelet got an Gen Reshape from an Guy that makes everyday Real Rolex shapes ;) but you know that...

So if you haven´t change the Bracelet for an Bracelet with Nr Engrave i would add her an Clark or ST Bezel or if you can´t get one of these the latest TC Bezel... The teeths are much better and Periode Correct.

For me it was important that the Watch is Periode Correct ;)

That´s why i haven´t build in an Yuki with Gen Dial and Hands...

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
wow those teeth are spiky.look good.rehaut depth and angle is definitely looks deep.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
and mr toulolse your cg looking apsulty perfection.completely even ,super deep rehaut

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
At the risk of starting a p1ssing up the wall competition and being called out for clearly not having the best sub, these TC's are 'rare'?

30050AD2-299A-4281-86D9-B46CEF707376_zps6xzdhpvx.jpg

AD5FAD04-5A30-4D49-8ACE-05A73E225EEE_zpst2yzpwib.jpg

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Rehaut looks pretty much identical to my original Regmariner/TTK Noob from years ago. Seems foolish that we had to come so far to gain so little?

From $100 to $600.

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
I picked up a tc v4 midcase for a tt build. Hoping it looks like this when it comes in !!

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
Rehaut looks pretty much identical to my original Regmariner/TTK Noob from years ago. Seems foolish that we had to come so far to gain so little?

From $100 to $600.
That's what they call progress :rofl:

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
These are rare cases ...It was some of the first cases that TC had and after awhile they just disappeared.. and we started getting what we got today!
be3usame.jpg

evu6ety4.jpg

Has the nice deep rehualt and the engraving between the lugs!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
yvajehed.jpg

ahutyne5.jpg

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
In my opinion it's the same case as the WM9 v3. I think TC just took over the WM9 case when George died.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
In my opinion it's the same case as the WM9 v3. I think TC just took over the WM9 case when George died.

Me ± 1 i have always thought that! Pretty much the same case just tweeked !