• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unfixable movement in PAM048 replica

nilsou

Horology Curious
2/1/19
Hey there!

Several years ago I bought a PAM048 from a TD and have been very happy with it.

Recently the watch stopped and I had a local watchmaker take a look at it. He said that the balance wheel is broken and needs replacing. He tried a standard 7750 one and it didn't match/fit. I connected the TD and they said the watch is discontinued and they don't make parts for it anymore.

What are my options? Replacing the whole movement with an A7750? Or an ETA7750? Any recommendation as to who can do this kind of work?

Thanks!

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
You can buy the balance wheel on aliexpress (or taobao) and have your dude install it for you.

nilsou

Horology Curious
2/1/19
It seems to be a non standard 7750 according to the Watchsmith. I bought an eta balance wheel and he said it didn't fit. How can I tell which movement I have to order the right one?

Ralphista

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/24
Hi. On AliExpress they sell all models of a7750, including daytona’s a7750 @6, and superclones too . So, if your Pam fits an A7750 normal vertical chronograph with small seconds at six o’clock or an horizontal A7753 with small seconds at nine o’clock , they have . The price is about € 80/100,00 for one piece and then you can’t wrong because there is, in the pictures, also a demonstrative dial that shows you the correct subdial’s position , I’ve saved all in my account . But, for my personal reasons, if it is a watch with any type of valor for you, i’d install a Swiss genuine one . On the web ( Wallapop, Vinted … ) are selling anonimous watches ( Alfex, Margi or Reporter, as example … ) in perfect condition at € 150,00 too . I hope you’ll make repair your Pam . Have a nice continuation .

Ralphista

17/3/24
Sorry, i intended to say “ an A7750 normal vertical chronograph with small seconds at NINE o’clock “ . Bye .

Reactions: nilsou

nilsou

Horology Curious
2/1/19
I have and based on pictures my watch has a A7750 DATE (movement looks identical to PHOTO REP(Design 1) in that section: Z0l7fp.jpg)

Ralphista

17/3/24
Hi, again and sorry about my previous post . I had automatic translation activated . Try to look at it and below, on down .
If your date wheel is white you can buy it too for $ 5-6,00 :

Movimento meccanico automatico Seagull serie ST25 ST2555 con meccanismo di modifica Datewheel 3.0 nero quadrante 9 in punto

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You can just have an A7750, SW 500 or eta7750 swapped in. Slight chance the date wheel might not fit and have to be sanded down and used as an overlay. Personally I'd go the Swiss movement route if it's a daily driver.

nilsou

Horology Curious
2/1/19
thanks all for the help! I think I would like the movement replaced with a new a7750, I've emailed a few of the watchsmiths in the service section. Waiting to hear back.

nilsou

Horology Curious
2/1/19
So far no-one is willing to touch a A7750 (or even replace it with a new one. Do you have any names for someone known to do this kind of work? (I'm in the us)

Ralphista

17/3/24
Hi . No, friend I’m in E.U. But is a very strange thing because, here, 8 on 10 watchmakers make it . Many of them suggest to change, in a case of serious problems, directly the movement because a repair can is more expensive to realize . I’m sorry . But, if i not remember correctly, here are suggested some of them that repair this type of watches in U.S.A. too . Bye .

nilsou

Horology Curious
2/1/19
I've messaged all the watch makers listed in the repair section and no-one is willing to work on 7750s. Has anyone done this and who did it for you?

Ralphista

17/3/24
Hi. In my modest opinion, you have simply to go to a any watchmaker in your place and show the item, WITHOUT SAYING IT IS A REPLICA OR OTHER, and ask him if he can fix the watch. If he ask you is it a rep, you have only to tell him you don’t know because it is a gift from your girlfriend/wife . If he tells you it is a copy, you say that you don't care but that you, instead, care a lot for it and that you want to fix it. He may tell you that the movement is not repairable and you will tell him that you will bring him a new one to replace. If he accepts, buy the movement I indicated to you on AliExpress and give him it to replace it. Otherwise, pick up your watch, say goodbye and go to someone else. Don't go to luxury watchmakers, they might squeamish and say they don't repair replicas. Go to an ordinary watchmaker. 8 on 10 accept worldwide. Bye .

Reactions: Reaps