• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UN Freak Blue Phantom

Amanamongmen

Looking Around
23/2/13
i thought i had seen reps of it. not sure how good of quality they were.

but at a ridiculous price of 60 or 80k, not sure how many people would believe it was real

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Blue Phantom Homage

is.php

Well...found the "homage" of the blue freak at TAO Watch...was surprised to see it! Went for it...

Will post pics and review when it arrives...

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Very interested in the final gear on the minute hand... Close ups when she arrives please!

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Very interested in the final gear on the minute hand... Close ups when she arrives please!

From what I can tell from closer inspection of pics (watch not in hand yet) is that the gears are faux, they are attached to the "hands" and do not spin. The gear in the center is the "second" hand so I am assuming it will rotate. Rep has auto movement.

The gen is a carousel tourbillon (look Ma...no hands!) and the gearing is functional. On the gen you set the time by turning the bezel and wind the watch by turning the caseback, there is no crown. Gen is hand wind manual.

So this is a fairly obvious rep but I still think it will be a nice looking watch in person. I have seen other pics of this rep and the Ulysse Nardin markings appear to have been airbrushed out of the pics from TAO. We'll see if they are there when it arrives.

Gen shot...more info here... http://www.ulysse-nardin.ch/ulysse-nardin-webseite/uploadfiles/df5b556f-2526-4e01-93ba-b7189170981e.pdf
ulysse-nardin-freak-blue-phantom-dial1.jpg

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
i tried the gen one , to be really honest , i didnt like it that much

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
is.php

Well...found the "homage" of the blue freak at TAO Watch...was surprised to see it! Went for it...

Will post pics and review when it arrives...

Honestly...one of the worst rep ever,it's very poor, almost a fantasy model :/
Watches like this had to be bought gen or not be bought at all, imho

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Agreed...but I for one was intrigued by the gen...which BTW is out of my league! For those of you who can afford it please stop reading now...

So, as "bad" as it is I found it unique and I surely will not be trying to pawn it off as a gen, but wearing it as the "fantasy", "different", "WTF" or whatever you want to call it...

I'll get back here when it comes...:popcorn:

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
Agreed...but I for one was intrigued by the gen...which BTW is out of my league! For those of you who can afford it please stop reading now..

Sadly, actually it's out of my league too T___T

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I think they are a ton of fun, and should not be taken seriously.

Shady2

Known Member
22/12/13
Amazing watch mate :) as you said its for "fantasy". any wristcandy?:)
[QU

OTE=WingNut;1485972]
_DSC0082.jpg

_DSC0084.jpg

_DSC0087.jpg

_DSC0080.jpg

_DSC0090.jpg

_DSC0099.jpg

_DSC0081.jpg

_DSC0075.jpg

_DSC0098.jpg
[/QUOTE]

SGDukat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/13
Wait a dead second...brass plate means repped!

Did I miss Aprils Fools or is this one for real? What Demonic Entitiy can I sign up with?

whoischich

30/12/14
Looks great, but from what I can tell it's a normal movement, you don't wind or set time by rotating the bezel. The real Freak has no crown for adjustments - the movement is so complicated I doubt it'll ever be repped. Doesn't mean this version looks bad though! I'd say 95% of people would never suspect the difference. :)