• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UN Caseback Question

CQ1983

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/13
On Station...
Hi Folks!

I ordered a Maxi Marine recently and when I get it I had planned on greasing all the gaskets.

In looking at pictures of the caseback I see that it has six screws securing it to the case.

I was wondering if any owners could tell me if the caseback screwed in as well or is it a press-fit and the screws actually hold it in place?

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
well, I may have a different watch from a different factory, so its a pretty hard answer.. most of the reps do NOT come with gaskets... I would be very very careful using it as a dive watch....

Goodluck and let us know what you find out, also I remember reading a thread about water proofing a watch....

CQ1983

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/13
On Station...
Thanks forbthe reply! I got the watch in the mail then other week and have been meaning to put together a proper pist but I did learn from takingbthe case back screws off that the case is press fit into the case body and has a gasket ring. I greased the gasket and when I have the nerve will give it a water test !