• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate PO from Ruby

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Best solution for you...

red said:
I never said I was in a hurry. I only asked for an update after I sent payment. In fact, there was not correspondence after the payment until I intiated it. I understand that many of you have had good experiences with Ruby, I am merely stating mine.
I am very dissatisfied with how this transaction has progressed.
It's extremely irritating to stand in the post office line for 30 minutes. The cost of shipping came out to $24. Since only Express Mail can be tracked. On top of that it won't arrive until the 26th because of Chinese New Year. I understand that this is not Ruby's fault, but it is incredibly frustrating to make so much effort after doing so much homework.
I asked many questions, and I searched the boards. I thought I was making the educated move by not going to Puretime, Andrew, or any other dealer for that matter. And then this happens.
So let's see. Watch arrives on teh 26th, takes a few days for the money to come from Ruby's end, and then the money to reach my paypal account, and then a few more days for the money to clear. I can finally see my money around Mid March.
Yes, I am complaining too much. I understand that I am being a big baby right now, but if you were is the same position I am sure you would form a similar opinion.
VERY DISSATISFIED, nuff said.

Skip the line ups at the post office, skip the $24 return shipping, skip the watch all together and get a gen Omega or better even: a TIMEX...

Otherwise, welcome to the forum where so many people vent off their disappointments about a POS watch that most likely has a dirty unserviced movement, a too lightly applied AR coating, a rather weak bezel, that will most likely have at least one marker fall off on you in the next two years, perhaps even a crown problem to boot...but HECK, it has an Omega logo on the dial... WOW, I am a man now, I am big!!! :shock:

My point: this hobby is cursed from the start, no matter how you slice it. This is all about some hidden hot sweaty room inside which some low paid sweaty uncaring workers assemble reps by the hundreds every day for hour with hardly a break to piss and shit. They stuff these watches in little plastic bags, throw them in a box and out they go, marked up ten folds or whatever... They copy, they counterfeit, they rip off other people's creative designs, they imitate, they pretend, they lie, they cover up an ugly feature to make it look nicer or more authentic, they shine it up nice , picture it nice and there you go, we buy it....

THAT is the very raw nature of this shady nature of the counterfeiting business...

And, like it or not, we are more bound to get ripped off, disappointed or fooled by the rep business than by a Timex from Walmart.

LL

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
red, i still cannot see the picture. Can you post it on photobucket.com ? or use the "addimage to post" during reply?

welcome to the world of reps. It takes patience ... you win some and you loose some. You dont like the dealer you're dealing with now - easy fix, move onto the next... but be prepared to further disappoint yourself.

imo, all the dealers are the same, they will provide you with a watch... if there's a problem, you'll have to spend time with them to fix it.

It seems to me ALL dealers are like this - there's no super dealer... and that's how it is.

if you're not prepared to stand in the post office every now and then, then ... uh... be prepared to? sucks monkey balls, but that's how it rolls!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
@red

if this is that much of a problem for you i am not sure you have chosen the right hobby. with that said ruby will take care of your problem but you have to allow time for her to do that. the problems you have described with your watch is a very common one. none of us can see your picture to see if it worse than usual but the fact is you can send the watch back to her and she will either fix it with a new dial, replace it or refund your money. i am some confused when you say you should have bought it from another dealer. all of the dealers have this problem with these watches so that would solve nothing.

personally i think you are worried about a time limit because you have your finger on that pay pal complaint trigger and you are worried that you will run out of time.

i suggest you settle down and give her a chance to correct the problem. that is all any of the dealers here would do.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
red said:
Yes, I am complaining too much. I understand that I am being a big baby right now, but if you were is the same position I am sure you would form a similar opinion.
VERY DISSATISFIED, nuff said.
It's very understandable, your ordered something and it was defective... These things happen all the time no matter what or who you order from. It's not Ruby's fault you purchased from her half way around the world or that you purchase shortly before chinese new years and you need to remember she isn't amazon (none of the dealers are). Her return and repair/replace policy is similar to all the other dealers and any customers needing replacement watches are in the same boat you are.

I'm not trying to rag on you, I know the waiting sucks... And getting the wrong or a bad item makes it even worse when it arrives. If you excercie some patience things will be resolved in the end.

PS. Ruby is also having paypal issues, it would not be easy for her to return you money anyway, and if you think paypal will return it to you, they do not refund money on counterfit goods. They will keep your money and hers, and if either of you are lucky you will get 5% of it back in 6 months after they deduct their fees, ect.

red

Known Member
1/1/07
You guys are all right. Shit does happen. It's just been a long time since shit has happened to me. My real concern was that it would take till the 26th for the watch to get to Ruby, that's over 30 days, and often times prevents me from any protection from paypal. Plus I head Ruby does not have paypal. There was the possiblity that I would lose both my watch and money.
However, Ruby has been very attentive and has responded quickly.

crick

1/8/06
rmcraig said:
red said:
...... that's over 30 days, and often times prevents me from any protection from paypal.

Whoa there partner.... You are buying what paypal considers counterfeit merchandise. There is no protection. Read up on this. I'm a noob, but even I know better. If you ever tried to file a claim with paypal for a rep purchase, there is not a dealer that will sell to you ever again, and everyone on RW (and the other BBs) will talk about you like you've got a 3rd tit. [smilie=violent1.gif]

yeah, paypal claims on dealers = bad vibes with the rep community. It affects everybody, and u will be blacklisted from even reliable dealers.

there are folks here that have taken hits without filing PP disputes. that's the unspoken rule of the game :( just remember common sense to not spend over 300 per dealer at any given time and u can never be in the hole more than 300.

even mentioning "pp dispute" (when you ahven't even filed it or remotely considered filing it) will just bring a bunch of lynching people to your doorstep :roll:

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
I thought most (if not all) orange dial "Utlimate PO's" have the misaligned Omega logo. :shock: This has been discussed plenty in the forums before.

D

2/12/06
edit: posted before I saw bytor's post :)

red said:
You guys are all right. Shit does happen. It's just been a long time since shit has happened to me. My real concern was that it would take till the 26th for the watch to get to Ruby, that's over 30 days, and often times prevents me from any protection from paypal. Plus I head Ruby does not have paypal. There was the possiblity that I would lose both my watch and money.
However, Ruby has been very attentive and has responded quickly.

Sometimes I think this hobby must attract desperate wackjobs.

First of all, the "crooked omega logo" is featured in over 50% of the PO's proudly photographed on this board. It is nothing new, and if you did your research like you claim to have, you would have known that this is a flaw on the PO, just like the flaws that come with Pams and Breightlings. Why don't I have a PO yet??? Because that flaw bugs the shit out of me and I don't have time to bother returning a watch nor am I enough of a bitch to cry to a dealer over something so trivial on a REPLICA watch.

It is screwballs like you that do two things:

1. Make dealers have to charge more for their watches because 1 out of 10 is getting returned for a BS reason.

2. Chargeback talk is going to completely wipe out dealers taking anything BUT Western Union. And when a real buyer protection situation comes along, people are gonna get ass raped.

People dog Paul because he doesn't let himself get bent over in situations like this... but Paul is 20% less across the board. BUT I guess one of the reasons you pay for King is her service and it is your right to return the watch. But it really seems that she has handled this situation absolutely perfectly and for you to start talking buyer protection makes me want to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr.

If you want a perfect watch, BUT A GEN. Occasionally you will come across a great rep, it is part of this game.

red

Known Member
1/1/07
Grinder,
First off I am content with what the situation has become. I am asking for people's opinion, and adding my complaints. I have accepted the fact that nothing is perfect, and during my "research" I've read countless reviews on how this was the best rep of the year.
But just because I am unhappy means I am not entitled to my opinions?
And no reports have been made, so things are safe.
And I would like to reaffirm that Ruby has already offered me many options. I think she dealt with everything very well. Aside from the intial email, she has been quite prompt with my constant harangue.
In fact, I will buy from her again. This is just a regrettable situation, and in the future I will do more research and consult this forum more. This site has been more then helpful, and I geniunely appreciate all the information. Rarely, is a forum that has members this involved over an individual problem. Thanks again.

D

2/12/06
red said:
Grinder,
First off I am content with what the situation has become. I am asking for people's opinion, and adding my complaints. I have accepted the fact that nothing is perfect, and during my "research" I've read countless reviews on how this was the best rep of the year.
But just because I am unhappy means I am not entitled to my opinions.
And no reports have been made, so things are safe.

It is the best rep of the year, but the pearl on many sucks AND the logo is crooked on many. Still the best rep of the year.

You are entitled to your opinions but if you infer that you are considering a chargeback against a highly respected dealer here, after she has offered to replace the watch with no hesitation at all..... please expect to be torn to shreds.

And for the record I have never dealt with Ruby.

crick

1/8/06
HAH! HAH! see? "chargeback" and "paypal dispute" is a loaded word. It should be the least thing on anyone's mind.

Red hasn't done anything of the sort but mention the word... & when that word comes about, people get irritated (i cant blame them, makes me :roll: ).

:D

The crooked 6 and the crooked 12 sucks. I'd be content with a crooked Omega logo because i see that on dealer's websites... but a crooked 6 and 12 just means bad QC and some poor underpaid factory worker just rushing.

I can understand the reasons for a return and it should be returned and exchanged since the crooked 6 & 12 aren't widespread as the crooked Omega logo.

You can always opt though to have ruby send you a good rep dial and have a local smith put that on for you... or send it out to a an RWI'er like RBJ to have that fixed for you. I would go with this route just to avoid lengthy shipping times to and from china and customs.

I'm always scared that if i send a watch back, it gets snagged by customs.

as is said, rep stuff needs patience and sometimes extra work. seems unavoidable unless you're buying reps right in china.

crick

1/8/06
rmcraig said:
By-Tor said:
I thought most (if not all) orange dial "Utlimate PO's" have the misaligned Omega logo. :shock: This has been discussed plenty in the forums before.

I agree. I was well informed when I bought this rep, especially from quality reviews like the ones By-Tor takes the time to post. I was expecting a misaligned omega symbol. What took me a little by surprise was the other 4 slight flaws, the crooked 6 indice, crooked 12 indice, bezel off 1/2 click, and misaligned printing, when combined with the crooked symbol, all lined up on the 6/12 axis of the watch face, tend to stand out. I'm not trying to piss and moan, just pointing out my observation. I will either let this one grow on me over time, or if it bothers me enough in the long run, buy the new improved version that has yet to be dreamed up, manufactured, and marketed -- the PO Ultimate-Plus. LOL!!! One thing is for sure, I'm not going to loose any sleep over this. :wink:

this is the 42 right? have u considered swapping out the dial for a gen or rep dial?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
I have added this text to my Omega Guide (below the description of this rep model).

insert---------->

BEWARE: Some orange dial reps (if not all of them) have crooked Omega logos... which means the logo isn't standing straight on the dial. Crooked 12' and 6' hour markers and faulty winding crowns (that don't screw in properly) are common problems with this particular rep model. These problems aren't "flaws" but occasional factory quality control issues. Some watches are fine though (but prepare to ask questions and discuss about these (potential) issues with your dealer before you order).

<---------outsert

David1741

Known Member
12/1/07
I had to return two watches to Josh - not his fault. On the second one I learned from my PO that there is a $6.00 international express mail package from the USPS that works great up to five pounds. Must use their free envelope. Try it and save money.

crick

1/8/06
David1741 said:
I had to return two watches to Josh - not his fault. On the second one I learned from my PO that there is a $6.00 international express mail package from the USPS that works great up to five pounds. Must use their free envelope. Try it and save money.

is it trackable?

smyrnasurfin

18/1/07
crick said:
HAH! HAH! see? "chargeback" and "paypal dispute" is a loaded word. It should be the least thing on anyone's mind.

Red hasn't done anything of the sort but mention the word... & when that word comes about, people get irritated (i cant blame them, makes me :roll: ).

:D

The crooked 6 and the crooked 12 sucks. I'd be content with a crooked Omega logo because i see that on dealer's websites... but a crooked 6 and 12 just means bad QC and some poor underpaid factory worker just rushing.

I can understand the reasons for a return and it should be returned and exchanged since the crooked 6 & 12 aren't widespread as the crooked Omega logo.

You can always opt though to have ruby send you a good rep dial and have a local smith put that on for you... or send it out to a an RWI'er like RBJ to have that fixed for you. I would go with this route just to avoid lengthy shipping times to and from china and customs.

I'm always scared that if i send a watch back, it gets snagged by customs.

as is said, rep stuff needs patience and sometimes extra work. seems unavoidable unless you're buying reps right in china.

I didn't read the Paypal thing into his post either. He seems like he is trying to resolve his issue and is asking questions in the appropriate section.