• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate PO from Ruby

red

Known Member
1/1/07
Just got my Ultimate PO from Ruby. And I am very disappointed with the product. The omega sign is completely off. It looks as if it is tillted to the left. The legs are crooked and are off. I tried contacting her and got no reply. What are my options? Did anyone have a similar problem?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
red said:
Just got my Ultimate PO from Ruby. And I am very disappointed with the product. The omega sign is completely off. It looks as if it is tillted to the left. The legs are crooked and are off. I tried contacting her and got no reply. What are my options? Did anyone have a similar problem?

i have her 42 and 45, they are great. did you ask her to see a picture before she sent it?

e-mail her again. she will fix your problem. do not worry. you have to allow 24/48 hours for a responce. then send again if haven't heard from her.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
she gets quite a bit of email.

but it's always disappointing to get something with a flaw in the mail. I've seen peeps get their 42's from reputable dealers with crooked 6 and 12 markers :( lume markers that fell off and such... sigh... tis the way they are.

can you post a PiC of the problem ReD?

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i saw that at a few posted pics ...the tilted to the left Omega sign...again...where is a quick look at the watch that i sell to make my customer happy...waste of time....no need to...because the money is already in the pocket. didnt Ruby send a pic upfront ?
those headaches would be so easy to avoid......

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Hmmm she may not be able to reply you due to ultra long Chinese New Year holiday which has already started. Expect a 3 weeks turnover rate.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
red said:
Did you email ruby's new email address?

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
supermanx said:
red said:
Did you email ruby's new email address?

Try her new email address. I got response from her next day after emailing her.

[[email protected]]

ruby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/06
hi

hi everybody. thanks your all post. i really didn't get red's email. we contacted via PM before. but i got the pm yesterday and i had replied. i checked the watch before shipping, but i didn't see the flaw. so sorry. red, i accept return or replace. it is no problem. but if you want to get a refund, please after i receive the return watch. i just had a little PP problem. don't worry about your money or your watch. i am here. :) i should send a picture to confirm before shipping. but you needed it too urgent. so sorry i didn't do as usual.
thanks!
ruby :)
hoping you still would like do business with me.

red

Known Member
1/1/07
Yes, I got her reply this morning. I will post a picture for you guys later in the afternoon. Prior to shipping I did not get a picture from Ruby.

red

Known Member
1/1/07
double post, but just to show that the legs are completely crooked. and i have to spend $20 to send it back. this is simple QC, and I am just irked over the whole transaction. i can understand how some have turned sour after a few transactions like this.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
can't see you picture. the flaw you are describing is very common on these watches. i have probably seen 40 or 50 of them like that

these have allot of problems with crooked logos and dial markers. you will not get one of these with a perfect dial. it is the nature of the beast. maybe the wrong watch for you.

sailboat641

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/06
I find it interesting about people who expect the rep marketplace to operate just like walking into your local retail store. It sucks that sometimes you get a watch that needs to be replaced, but that is just a part of this hobby.

Now if you had to have it replaced more than once......

red

Known Member
1/1/07
thanks for the reply hk. i understand that nothing is perfect in a rep, but this logo is something noticable from a mile away. i just want to be satsifed with my purchase, even if it is 220 bucks.

red

Known Member
1/1/07
sailboat641 said:
I find it interesting about people who expect the rep marketplace to operate just like walking into your local retail store. It sucks that sometimes you get a watch that needs to be replaced, but that is just a part of this hobby.

I totally concur with what you said. But, I was expecting some pcitures of the watch before Ruby sent it. I was told that this was something that she did, but instead I recieved a PM that said it was shipped.
Maybe these quality problems could not have been adverted even if Ruby sent the pictures, but I did a lot of research before purcashing this piece. And the reason I went with Ruby was because of such quality issues.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
red said:
sailboat641 said:

I totally concur with what you said. But, I was expecting some pcitures of the watch before Ruby sent it. I was told that this was something that she did, but instead I recieved a PM that said it was shipped.
Maybe these quality problems could not have been adverted even if Ruby sent the pictures, but I did a lot of research before purcashing this piece. And the reason I went with Ruby was because of such quality issues.

the pictures are something she does but she said you were in a hurry and she didn't have time to send. give her time to do her job and you will be happy.

red

Known Member
1/1/07
I never said I was in a hurry. I only asked for an update after I sent payment. In fact, there was not correspondence after the payment until I intiated it. I understand that many of you have had good experiences with Ruby, I am merely stating mine.
I am very dissatisfied with how this transaction has progressed.
It's extremely irritating to stand in the post office line for 30 minutes. The cost of shipping came out to $24. Since only Express Mail can be tracked. On top of that it won't arrive until the 26th because of Chinese New Year. I understand that this is not Ruby's fault, but it is incredibly frustrating to make so much effort after doing so much homework.
I asked many questions, and I searched the boards. I thought I was making the educated move by not going to Puretime, Andrew, or any other dealer for that matter. And then this happens.
So let's see. Watch arrives on teh 26th, takes a few days for the money to come from Ruby's end, and then the money to reach my paypal account, and then a few more days for the money to clear. I can finally see my money around Mid March.
Yes, I am complaining too much. I understand that I am being a big baby right now, but if you were is the same position I am sure you would form a similar opinion.
VERY DISSATISFIED, nuff said.

denisegold

Known Member
28/9/06
Ruby will make it right. At the end of the day how many dealers that sell outside this board would even respond.

red

Known Member
1/1/07
denisegold said:
Ruby will make it right. At the end of the day how many dealers that sell outside this board would even respond.
Well Said, thanks.