• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate Franken Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Bumble Bee

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
Congrats on the new franken. Just fantastic. I love the bee. One of my favorite AP models. Thanks for sharing.

bmx5045

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/1/13
So nice. I got a bb too! Yours is nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

royaloakoffshore

Known Member
20/4/15
Wowww, extraordinary brooo. If you dont mind to share the cost to build this franken? I really want to make one also
Waiting for the set of my gen dial tacy and handss

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Wowww, extraordinary brooo. If you dont mind to share the cost to build this franken? I really want to make one also
Waiting for the set of my gen dial tacy and handss

(For Gen Bee parts)
You've purchased/paid for them already - now simply waiting for delivery?!!?
Rare parts!!!

PallMall

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
16/9/14
Tell me your price!!! I will pay even more.
Seriously

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
@royaloakoffshore
.... still waiting for confirmation....
You've ordered, paid for, and had Gen Bee parts shipped to you/which are currently in the mail??
What a rare find, consider yourself lucky!

P.S. You said (IN the Bumblebee thread here)... "Waiting for my gen dial/tachy/hands..." Which leads me + others to believe you found Bee parts. Or do you simply mean a much more common gen dial/tachy/hands...? ;)

royaloakoffshore

Known Member
20/4/15
@royaloakoffshore
.... still waiting for confirmation....
You've ordered, paid for, and had Gen Bee parts shipped to you/which are currently in the mail??
What a rare find, consider yourself lucky!

P.S. You said (IN the Bumblebee thread here)... "Waiting for my gen dial/tachy/hands..." Which leads me + others to believe you found Bee parts. Or do you simply mean a much more common gen dial/tachy/hands...? ;)
Im waiting for the confirmation, however my intel told me i need the original bee dial to be replaced with the new dial whicj means i cant get it [emoji24] [emoji24]

amv8

Known Member
23/5/14
anyone know where I can even begin to source the BB dial? I have Chris working on my franken BB but the rep dial is bugging me.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
anyone know where I can even begin to source the BB dial? I have Chris working on my franken BB but the rep dial is bugging me.

This is the 1mln question! One thing I don't understand is this: how is Chris working on your project without the dial? What do you plan on using instead of a dial? On a separate note, look out for my own project, that might give an idea on how to go about creating your custom BB dial.

amv8

Known Member
23/5/14
This is the 1mln question! One thing I don't understand is this: how is Chris working on your project without the dial? What do you plan on using instead of a dial? On a separate note, look out for my own project, that might give an idea on how to go about creating your custom BB dial.

Just rep dial. He's putting Lwo, gen cyclops, AR, Midcase and back case mod, mikeys hands and shaved tachy. Not sure how the date wheel will offset with the Lwo but figured I'd deal with it until I figure out the dial situation. There's someone on chrono24 that said he can make one but not sure I trust it. Plus it's 1200 for an aftermarket dial

Barehare

Horology Curious
Gold Patron
31/5/17
Canada
Here are some pics of my Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Bumble Bee with the following features:
Do you think Domi would be able to Franken a 2017 ROO Black ceramic NOVELTY?

gen dial
gen tachymeter bezel
gen hands
gen Hamilton movement (swiss ETA 2892-2 + gen Dubois-Depraz module)
custom date wheel as per gen
gen crystal/gaskets
modded midcase
recessed crown position
custom movement holder ring including silver electroplating
lots of other modifications such as recutting the threads etc.
on rep rubber and custom SMP alcantara strap

This watch was built by my friend and great watchmaker Domi !! Thanks a lot !! You are the best watchmaker on the planet !!

Also a big thanks to Mrgee5165 for disassembling his gen AP Bumble Bee to provide me with lots of info !! Thanks also to Edge for his CF input !!

I hope you enjoy the pics and I welcome all comments
smiley.gif