• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

U1 gen vs rep side-by-side

thisismynick

27/12/10
Lookie here what I've stumbled across whilst strolling around on Andrew's site:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8013/62457094.jpg

A neat side-by-side comparison of a standard U1 gen and rep. I'd guess these are factory made photos from the whole look&feel of them.

I'll leave it to the pros to figure out which is which ;)

Cheers

62457094.jpg

HPoirot

31/3/11
The chinese label is a dead giveaway to which is rep and which is real.

lol

zzzzzzed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/11
Blue ar is almost always giveaway
so the gen is on the right side

ilyayef

31/12/10
Blue ar is almost always giveaway
so the gen is on the right side

doesn't the gen shine a little blue while being black atleast i see most pics that way, plus the black one has misaligning marks everywhere, gen def on the left

thisismynick

27/12/10
I'll keep the suspense a li'l longer... ;)

Funny enough that it does not seem to be that trivial to tell which is which, and that speaks for itself in terms of rep quality, huh?

Honeytiger123

14/2/11
Lemme guess... the gen is the right?

Residue on the clasp suggest that it has been used- will not happen with a rep(Unless poor QC). The date on the left also looks a bit badly printed. Same goes for the rubber strap- the 'Sinn' on the right is better. Green plastic ring on crown? yea haven't seen that before!

Real noob though, and sigh I'm Chinese and I can't even read my own language!!

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
lol +1 to the ridiculously complicated chinese alphabet :lol:

Re: the pics, gen has the label on it. Rep has the blue-er AR and the slightly green dial lume printing compared the the hands lume printing. (Check where the minutes hand overlaps the 10 marker.)

IMHO, of course ;)

thisismynick

27/12/10
lol +1 to the ridiculously complicated chinese alphabet :lol:

Re: the pics, gen has the label on it. Rep has the blue-er AR and the slightly green dial lume printing compared the the hands lume printing. (Check where the minutes hand overlaps the 10 marker.)

IMHO, of course ;)

Hi all,

yes - gen has label on it!

Additionally to the above stated "flaws": Gen has slightly different bezel printing, and shorter lines under the numbers (see the 10 or 15 on the bezel for reference).

Also, gen has slightly different case colour; I guess 316 SS simply has another colour than the famous "Sinn tegimented German Submarine-steel" :D

Stunning rep in my book nevertheless!!