• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

U-Black wristies

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
Hey guys just a few quick wristy shots of my U Black from replica make. the AR is sick on this watch.
d7e7a9a1.jpg

341790bf.jpg

b96d4608.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Nice clean looking design on that. AR is stunning for sure. How's the rubber for picking up dust etc?

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
Amazing AR on that U-Black!

In all honesty, it looks so badass it makes me want to buy one and just pick a fight for no reason whatsoever. :lol:

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Sinn :thinking:, great looking watch... RWI members make me like new watches everyday...

mattsheehan

14/6/09
hi snpr,

have you had any problems with the number 12 marker on the bezel.

ive had two u-blacks from lay and both times the marker has chippd of the paint revealing the metal underneath.

thankyou

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
No not yet only had it 2 days. I can def see that happening. Wonder what a good fix would be. Does the insert come out or just paint scratch.

mattsheehan

14/6/09
I really dont know the solution. i sent the first one back and got a replacement which after one wear had the same problem. Sending this one back is not an option as i can see the same thing happening on the third.

picture.php

ive posted about this problem with no real help from anyone on the forum.

Im hoping when taka gets back from his break he will be able to help.

If the problem does happen on yours then keep me posted on what course of action you take and i will do same.

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
It's seems to me that it's just painted with Lume paint but no real coating to protect it. I would imagine it could be reapplied then possible sealed at some point. Is the metal insert really shinny when exposed.

mattsheehan

14/6/09
Yeah its real shiney. It sticks out as much as youd expect on such a dark watch. not very nice.

Does lume paint come in that colour then. i always thought lume was clear and was painted over a paint/powder coat.

Guess you learn everyday.

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
If mine rubs off as I'm sure it will I'll probably just paint it with model paint to match the color and seal it. Just be done with it. I dont need it to Lume just not chip.

Are the white Lume markers on the regular versions sturdier. They look like they might be as I was going to pick up a U2 GMT soon. Wonder if I'll have the same issue.

Robbo73

27/5/11
Mentioned on another post a minute ago that Goin thinks it's easy enough to solve - bit of lume and then a protective layer. I'm sure other watch modders/lumers in your area can do the same.

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
I'll be looking into it. Mine is still holding up because it's not an everyday wear. Although I got it on today.