• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TW 5740 nautilus

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Well, that’s disappointing…I didn’t expect it to be a true perpetual calendar and obviously just have pushers for all functions but this and the thickness are certainly dealbreakers (not to mention the dial color)

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Has anyone bought this recently?

I did a bit research on this model , the pro's an con's so far:

- Dial printing seems nearly 1:1, including the moonphase and dates, no obvious flaws
- Cocnerning dial colour: GEN color is electric blue with hint of purple & grey. Rep is clearly lacking the purple & grey hue. It's 100% electric blue. It's a stunning color on its own though. Given the fact that it's a V1, I think the color resemblance is already great.
-Functions: moonphase, date work. Leap year and month doesn't work, these need to be manually adjusted (note that the month is adjusted backwards manually). I'm not sure the weekday advances by itself, it should just like other patek reps with this movement, but they added the 24hr indicator on the weekday subdial, making me unsure whether it's still capable to act as a functioning weekday subdial.
- REP lacks pusher button at the 9'o clock ear, so the setting of all indicators is not exactly like GEN.
- Nevertheless the point above, it's really great already that everything can be set/adjusted, albeit not like GEN, it's way nicer than frozen subdials.
- The movement is decorated to look like GEN, not badly done, the rotor is on the correct position, however, the balance wheel is beneath the decor plate so you will have just a extra decor plate on the position of the balance wheel at 6'o clock.
Size: 40mm (GEN like) x 11.7 mm circa, GEN is 8.4, so almost 40% thicker than GEN. although 11.7mm is really acceptable if you wouldn't compare it to GEN.

IMO, from the looks of it in video reviews and specs, it's actually a decent rep. The only thing holding me back is the fact that for 600$ and up, you can get the 5726 that is much more accurate (also quite logic since it's a more simple model), making the 600$ for this 5740 a bit pricey.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Dial color in the blue looks way off too. Maybe the white or grey will look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The GEN only has 2 colors (electric blue with purple : retail version & tiffany blue (piece unique of LVMH CEO)
so white & grey are fantasy pieces

Timex004

Horology Curious
27/12/21
It seems gen dial + hand fs on c24. Some gold plating and you’re done.