• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Submariner Japanese Market Builds and how they stack up to RWI Builds

Superdoedoe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/20
HI everyone.

I'm hoping the experts on RWI are able to tell me how the Japanese Tudor Subs i see for sale stack up to the ones on RWI?

I've added a picture of two different Subs i found on their auction site.
i-img1029x1029-1698917882j8wugf1811129.jpg

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h1112369354

i-img900x1200-1699088920el0zll410324.jpg

Reactions: dax007

dax007

12/4/23
Usa
I wish i was an expert, but i did hit the TRANSLATE button on the web page you provided.. They clearly stated "CUSTOM PIECE with aftermarket parts", however they confirmed the movement in GEN 50yrs old.. I been researching rep tudors for about a month.. To get the best IMHOP you need a vietnam spec parts for this build dial, case, etc.. Seems EU and UK have built some nice ones....

The JFK company "reps" look way off(cost entire watch only 300), but the vietnam spec parts from Raffles and others look dam good! As for the gen movments-- it would sure be nice to have a Franken Tudor 9410 with GEN MOVMEENT since they can be found pretty easy reasonable but then again prob need to spend 200$+ on servicing the movment...

Yodog makes a beautful vietnam spec tudor snowflake!

Last edited:
Reactions: Superdoedoe

Superdoedoe

22/1/20
I wish i was an expert, but i did hit the TRANSLATE button on the web page you provided.. They clearly stated "CUSTOM PIECE with aftermarket parts", however they confirmed the movement in GEN 50yrs old.. I been researching rep tudors for about a month.. To get the best IMHOP you need a vietnam spec parts for this build dial, case, etc.. Seems EU and UK have built some nice ones....

The JFK company "reps" look way off(cost entire watch only 300), but the vietnam spec parts from Raffles and others look dam good! As for the gen movments-- it would sure be nice to have a Franken Tudor 9410 with GEN MOVMEENT since they can be found pretty easy reasonable but then again prob need to spend 200$+ on servicing the movment...

No Shortage of them available either and for the prices they go for they must just be buying cheap parts somewhere but what baffles me is that isn't normally something i'd expect.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18

Just to clarify Raffles parts are not Vietnamese and are often quite inaccurate. Certain handsets are good but the rest is usually pretty far off from the VN mark. Ruby, Phong and MQ are the three 'main' VN sellers, but there are two or three on Ebay as well iirc.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I would still take a RWI build. Why? Because you KNOW where you getting your parts from, builders here are trustworthy and knowledgable and have a good reputation....

Not to knock on these Japanese dudes but we dont know about where they source parts from, what they do to it, etc.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I would still take a RWI build. Why? Because you KNOW where you getting your parts from, builders here are trustworthy and knowledgable and have a good reputation....

Not to knock on these Japanese dudes but we dont know about where they source parts from, what they do to it, etc.
Was in process of typing out the same sentiment. These look a lot like bivintagestore parts which arent inherently bad, quite a few people here use them, but who knows what the movement situation actually is. Better off just building one yourself or having someone here do it. For that price the bezel inserts should be better and the lume pips should at the very least be the correct vintage style ones too imo.

Superdoedoe

22/1/20
Was in process of typing out the same sentiment. These look a lot like bivintagestore parts which arent inherently bad, quite a few people here use them, but who knows what the movement situation actually is. Better off just building one yourself or having someone here do it. For that price the bezel inserts should be better and the lume pips should at the very least be the correct vintage style ones too imo.
Thanks!
I'll check out his store!

Superdoedoe

22/1/20
Thoughts on the below build?

Viet Tudor Case- $400
Viet Dial- $150
Viet hands- $65
SW200- $55
Raffles insert- $20
Raffles stamped Tudor bracelet- $45
Total: $735

dax007

12/4/23
Usa
Just to clarify Raffles parts are not Vietnamese and are often quite inaccurate. Certain handsets are good but the rest is usually pretty far off from the VN mark. Ruby, Phong and MQ are the three 'main' VN sellers, but there are two or three on Ebay as well iirc.
GREAT INFO!! Thank you very much! Ever since i been logged into Raffles i am like a kid in the candy store! This is very very good to know!

dax007

12/4/23
Usa
Thanks!
I'll check out his store!
I spoke with that gent from ebay store and he offer and would use a 2824 movmeent for the 9401..( i was thinkning maybe thats raffles ebay store?). I ended up just going to my reliable source Yodog! He is working on one for me!

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
For those prices you could buy the parts from bivintagestore, have a modder get the crownguards and lugs looking good (the biggest problem with those cases), and possibly use a gen crown. This would result in a much better looking watch.

Superdoedoe

22/1/20
I spoke with that gent from ebay store and he offer and would use a 2824 movmeent for the 9401..( i was thinkning maybe thats raffles ebay store?). I ended up just going to my reliable source Yodog! He is working on one for me!
Nice!
How much total roughly?

Superdoedoe

22/1/20
For those prices you could buy the parts from bivintagestore, have a modder get the crownguards and lugs looking good (the biggest problem with those cases), and possibly use a gen crown. This would result in a much better looking watch.
Much better looking than the most recent one I linked or the Japanese ones?

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
The Japan reps, despite some of them looking pretty good and often using ETAs, always seem to have the worst bezel pips! It's just weird. Really annoys me when they're usually charging around a grand for the watches and won't add a 20 buck acrylic pip.