• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor 7995 - ranger - New Project

joedevivre

Horology Curious
1/12/20
It appears that the dials do fit the gen cases...however the dials are printed to fit a smaller diameter rehault this is very apparent with the number of redials offered on ebay as of late. the dial fits the case but the proportions on the print are off to fit the gen case.

I do not have a gen case and was only told by a seller of a gen case that the diameter is 27mm of the dial opening on the case. I know of only 3 places that offer a dial
MQ
Yuki
Raffles.

I only have hands on experience with the raffles case and yuki dial it would be perfect if the rehault - dial opening was .5mm smaller to fit the raffles 34mm case.

Ah ok I see what you mean now with the gap between the rehaut and the minute markers. I was trying to work out why the ebay ones don't do anything for me and I think that's probably it, along with the red ranger text. Its funny how these tiny differences make such a difference to the how good the overall watch looks.

Thanks for all your help. I think probably I just need to give up on this idea, I liked the simplicity of just swapping the dial but it sounds like the work needed to get a good looking watch will be well beyond my skill set. The rep you made is fantastic though.

BW,
Joe

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Ah ok I see what you mean now with the gap between the rehaut and the minute markers. I was trying to work out why the ebay ones don't do anything for me and I think that's probably it, along with the red ranger text. Its funny how these tiny differences make such a difference to the how good the overall watch looks.

Thanks for all your help. I think probably I just need to give up on this idea, I liked the simplicity of just swapping the dial but it sounds like the work needed to get a good looking watch will be well beyond my skill set. The rep you made is fantastic though.

BW,
Joe

yah once you become OCD about watches..the very smallest of details make the big deal lol its a curse really. but the eye likes what it likes and it finds that balance and you cant unsee it.

you can get the mq dial and it will fit into a raffles case and it will look as good as the build I did imo Yuki doesnt have the dials listed atm but you can contact them to see if they still have stock.

are you just gonna wear the tudor as is or sell it on?

joedevivre

Horology Curious
1/12/20
yah once you become OCD about watches..the very smallest of details make the big deal lol its a curse really. but the eye likes what it likes and it finds that balance and you cant unsee it.

you can get the mq dial and it will fit into a raffles case and it will look as good as the build I did imo Yuki doesnt have the dials listed atm but you can contact them to see if they still have stock.

are you just gonna wear the tudor as is or sell it on?

My plan was to wear it just for me.

I like the date version which I think rules the MQ dial out. I did contact Yuki a while back, they said they didn't have any stock - their company was moving and it was taking them a while to get all incoming stock from the factory going again, and that it was being delayed by COVID so couldn't give a date. To be honest I think I got lucky, if it had been available I would have bought it then, intending to put it in a gen oysterdate case, and clearly would have been disappointed with the results.

One thing that puts me off the raffles case is the unconfirmed water resistance. I will figure something else out, thanks for your help!

esom

Horology Curious
23/5/22
I have not been able to find a caseback for my gen case so I used a raffles case. I will switch it over when I can find a caseback.

Instead of enlarging the inside diameter of the Raffles bezel I bought a gen used Rolex 1500 bezel off of ebay. It fit the acrylic xtal and the case perfectly, no work needed, just pressed it on.

Hi
Did you appllied T12 to the raffles 34mm case??

I'm planning to install 25-143 and 1500 bezel together on raffles 34mm case but there is lack of information.

It looks that outter dimension of T12 and 25-143 is almost same (29.3mm). So if you tried T12 with 1500 bezel, It would be fit with 25-143 also.

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
This is the crystal I used, I bought it from Yuki several years ago. I recall what it was equivalent to was listed in the description but I do not remember the details.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
This is the crystal I used, I bought it from Yuki several years ago. I recall what it was equivalent to was listed in the description but I do not remember the details.

zebUhp.jpg

Yes I bought the remainder of them a few years ago. 294 or 29.4 I had to machine the I D of the bezel to fit this crystal but its a nice fit to the case.

this crystal is on my Commando

z55oO4.jpg

Last edited:

Daytona6263passion

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
18/4/22
Italy

Years ago’s i build one whit this case found on ebay, a Yuki dial and a vintage dwo!

Was amazing, but sold to funds other builds, i still regret it!

Reactions: 369mafia

Daytona6263passion

INMATE
18/4/22
Italy
The case have replaced crown & tube whit gen one, installed another plexy (honestly do not remember wich one) and no, was purchased as used from a private seller over 5 years ago’s and never found another one.
Seller at the time claims it was not sure if gen or not, sold as aftermarket to me for around 300$.

Daytona6263passion

INMATE
18/4/22
Italy
I no longer have pic’s but have 7995 ref engraved between the lugs and damaged serial code.
I strongly believe was fake, but one of the good one’s, never understand the source!

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
Earlier in this thread I posted about building a Ranger with a gen 7995 case. At the time I did not have a caseback, I recently located one and have the case ready to go.

I found that the raffles dials dial has printing to the edge of it so you can use it in a gen case, see the pictures below.

Links: https://rafflesdials.com/27mm-vinta...t-eta-2836-or-2824-or-dg-2813-or-miyota-8215/

Or

https://rafflesdials.com/27mm-vinta...t-eta-2836-or-2824-or-dg-2813-or-miyota-8215/

I just need to get a dial with yellow lume and gen crown and it will be getting assembled.

I also need a bracelet, other than the raffles dials, which I think is ok at best what else is out there?

Are 20mm bracelets different or is it just the endlinks?

Yuki - note the gap between the printing on the dial and the rehaut:
Image1.jpg

Raffles - no gap:
Image2.jpg

Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Earlier in this thread I posted about building a Ranger with a gen 7995 case. At the time I did not have a caseback, I recently located one and have the case ready to go.

I found that the raffles dials dial has printing to the edge of it so you can use it in a gen case, see the pictures below.

Links: https://rafflesdials.com/27mm-vinta...t-eta-2836-or-2824-or-dg-2813-or-miyota-8215/

Or

https://rafflesdials.com/27mm-vinta...t-eta-2836-or-2824-or-dg-2813-or-miyota-8215/

I just need to get a dial with yellow lume and gen crown and it will be getting assembled.

I also need a bracelet, other than the raffles dials, which I think is ok at best what else is out there?

Are 20mm bracelets different or is it just the endlinks?

Yuki - note the gap between the printing on the dial and the rehaut:
Image1.jpg

Raffles - no gap:
Image2.jpg

Thank you for the comparison and for confirming my suspicions about the ID of the rehaut Glad to see that the Raffles dial suits this application If only they would offer a small rose option sans date

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
I wish they would make a small rose as well, I would have preferred it. I just lucked out that the case was for a 7995, which was, from what I understand, a transitional model with some having the rose and some the shield.

Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
raffles case set
T12 clarks crystal
raffles ranger dial
raffles ranger hands
2824 movement

clacor64

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/18
I had recently built a full rep 7995 for a member.

I sourced the dial from Yuki
Case is Raffles
hands - raffles
eta movement
domed crystal - yuki
bracelet raffles ( sure would like to find a source or good 19mm bracelets) wso has a good one but blank clasp Yuki and Silix used to carry them but I think I got one of the last once from silix a few years ago.

I aged the dial and hands with a dilute airbrush paint for a toasted almond tone.

Raffles claims that the solid tudor casebacks work with 2824 movements providing full perpetual function but in the half a dozen builds I have done using these cases I have not been able to make it work out of the box. I had to do alot of grinding and shaping to the inside of the caseback and the rotor in order to get enough clearance for the rotor to function. this took alot of time and it aint pretty but but it works now.

The ID of the bezel also needed to be enlarged to fit the domed crystal as well.... There were hours of work into this build with grinding test fitting and repeat...

Overall I am pleased with the results , as is he.

e71a6bb1213c2f2001797a2ba582d14a.jpg

68385564aeb2c0bf5bca30e099d18a8f.jpg

5544038a315d324817a6300a67285b88.jpg

592eb368f524ad8bb1dbfedc3b416531.jpg

161387c7353658091ddde56015bfe318.jpg

fed94f19dd309f49e626de9a7e762bd8.jpg

As mentioned previously Get a dial without the red text the MQ dial isn't perfect...No rep or refinished dials are but its close.

Good luck with your build..look fwd to seeing it complete.
exactly the modification I would like for my WMT, your opinion: is it possible to make it identical to your photo?

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
exactly the modification I would like for my WMT, your opinion: is it possible to make it identical to your photo?
you want to convert your wmt 6350 into a tudor ranger?

I can build an identical watch for you yes...however I can not modify your watch to be identical to this as the tudor ranger is 34mm

If you want to build an explorer or a ranger then I would do that and sell your WMT watch as is to fund the projects. I sent you a dm on the topic

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Yuki is back online I would contact them to see if they have stock.

I would use a raffles case for your build . I recently contacted a seller that had a tudor case set for sale and asked for the dial diameter at the rehaut and he told me his measured at 27mm that is the size of the dial itself. where as the raffles case is 26.4 which prevents the dial from falling through. perhaps someone who has built a ranger with a gen case can shed light on this.?
jmb I think i recall he built one with a gen case...wondering if he recalls any issues.?

ken123 have you taken any measurements of your case set? wondering if a 27mm dial will fit in a gen case?

Hi J ... sorry if I'm a bit ;) late for answering your question.

Last year I've reprinted a small rose Ranger dial for a gen Tudor with ETA 2482 and I can confirm those specs :
- overall dial diameter : 26.9mm
- rehaut opening diameter : 26.3mm

3CPv3Q.jpg

The dial curvature is not an optic effect ... dial for 2482 (ETA 2451) were slightly domed.
For complete information ...
Stem height are slightly differents ... 1.85mm ETA 2451 and 1.80mm only on 2824-2 ...