• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TTK banned from RWG

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Hey Roe yeah we've been pretty good at pissing people off much to the delight of you I'm sure. We've picked up the mantle well I assume? We have alway maintained our integrity throughout all this bullshit.

Sean K

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Tolerant?

that is absurd. i recall some folks coming over her not tolerating some fotos :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
crick said:
Tolerant?

that is absurd. i recall some folks coming over her not tolerating some fotos :)

yes but they were special photos from a very special guy.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Well guys.. let me say this.. .

As much as we certainly feel a little vindicated with someone else seeing what we went through I will say that two wrongs dont make a right and no admin or staff member (or regular or vip or customer) should have to deal with the aftermath of banning TTK. I do not envy them and wish they did not have to go through it. I take things to personally... I find myself asking "why would someone want to threaten or feel they have to threaten me" As much as I want to say it didnt bother me, it did.

Banning TTK was only fuel added to the fire that people had to be angry with RWI.. it was not a fun time at all for us. I do not think RWG will go through the same thing we did,, and I hope they dont have to.

RWG has a friend here with RWI, we offered our assistance with anything they may need, even if it is reassurance that they made the right decision. The old politics between the forums is long gone,, others may have personal issues but as far as the forum goes, we are in good cooperation with RWG and happy to enjoy a new friendship.

As for what happened in the past,, like I said a long time ago.. that is all in the past and dont care to talk about it much... You guys go right ahead,, but I've said what I wanted to on the subject and now I move towards that free raffle and that sfso raffle that seems to be going well!

:)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Hambone said:
hk45ca said:
can't read the thread. they jacked up my ip back from when we banned him and i got into it with him over there. i haven't been able to log on since. i don't have banned or anything under my name (so i am told) on my old posts but i can't get past the front page. most of the time i can't even get there. i contacted one of thew mods when they were logged on here about it a long time ago and they told me they would find out for me what was wrong and i never heard another word about it. we were sorry sons a bitches when we did it but now i suppose they are hero's for doing the same thing. i guess some one had to pave the way. :roll:

You are right about that HK. They gave this place the "Muppet" designation as a result of our banning TTK which then led to the hilarious
muppet avatar invasion. There is statement on the thread there that because it took so long to finally ban him that it
demonstrates how much more 'tolerent' they are than the other rep watch sites. Guess with that comment I will be 'watched' too should I decide to post there again. :roll:

well if you just all of a sudden can't log on and the site just won't act right, timing out and getting error 440, does not exist on this server and weird things like that you will know what happened. lol :roll: :lol:

@d4me,

generally my friends will let me log onto their site. :wink:

crick

1/8/06
thanks for the reminder!

we move forward and beyond to the stars! *stretches for stars*

did i win the raffle?

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
daytona4me said:
Well guys.. let me say this.. .

As much as we certainly feel a little vindicated with someone else seeing what we went through I will say that two wrongs dont make a right and no admin or staff member (or regular or vip or customer) should have to deal with the aftermath of banning TTK. I do not envy them and wish they did not have to go through it. I take things to personally... I find myself asking "why would someone want to threaten or feel they have to threaten me" As much as I want to say it didnt bother me, it did.

Banning TTK was only fuel added to the fire that people had to be angry with RWI.. it was not a fun time at all for us. I do not think RWG will go through the same thing we did,, and I hope they dont have to.

RWG has a friend here with RWI, we offered our assistance with anything they may need, even if it is reassurance that they made the right decision. The old politics between the forums is long gone,, others may have personal issues but as far as the forum goes, we are in good cooperation with RWG and happy to enjoy a new friendship.

As for what happened in the past,, like I said a long time ago.. that is all in the past and dont care to talk about it much... You guys go right ahead,, but I've said what I wanted to on the subject and now I move towards that free raffle and that sfso raffle that seems to be going well!

:)

Well stated Greg and you make an excellent case. Two wrongs never make a right, and the wrong person by miles is TTK. No one, and I mean no one should be subjected to hateful threats that cause personal anguish, those who do such things are to be condemned and dismissed, without a second thought. RWG has good people there and there are also a number of jerks there also. The condemnation they tossed at RWI
for banning TTK was not right and I don't think anyone here is coming anywhere near the venomous response that was exhibited towards this site for the same action. There is simply a sound feeling of relief when justice is meted out to a scoundrel.

OneTrueSaxon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/08
Never had any dealings with the guy personally but from what I've followed through on this and other Forums his practices and attitude leave a lot ot be desired.

He's binned so let's move on with this great Forum.

Roeod4

14/3/06
LOL

I was just accused of not contributing by some guy over at RWG.

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
The individual personalities on the forums are what make them unique, interesting and amusing. I certainly do not hold an entire forum responsible for the crap spewed buy a few members. Thank god this forum has not been collectively held responsible for some of the bile I have so eloquently blown onto some of the threads.

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
:shock: :D :D
it certainly has been an interesting couple of years

I wish Neil well......he had a way of bringing out the worst in people....exceptionally entertaining if one was smart enough not to get involved ...but self distructive

oh well .....as always...cooler heads have prevailed....and "time" marches on....

its nice to be around the core of constructive people here at RWI.....

ps...almost makes me miss Jetmid

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Jetmid.....our beloved troll that graced us with his presence a few years back.....also very entertaining ...but self destructive...roe might remember a few precious moments whith the boy...Jetmid = jet middleman...used jet salesman

Roeod4

14/3/06
willster said:
Jetmid.....our beloved troll that graced us with his presence a few years back.....also very entertaining ...but self destructive...roe might remember a few precious moments whith the boy...Jetmid = jet middleman...used jet salesman

Sadly the true Jetmid was before my time on the forums. I have only seen the Jetmid fanboys after him, but it is always a good laugh when he (real or fake) is involved.

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
I wrote this almost ayear ago in reference to the way TTK treated "customers"

Jake48 said:
daytona4me said:
Look, there are many good people on RWG and their staff is top notch.
The actions of a couple people should not detour you from RWG. There is a lot of info there as there is here.

Please do not allow this to turn into a war between boards.. that is not at all what this should be.

This is the maturity that makes me feel welcome here. I agree, a few morons over at RWG won't keep me away, but honestly, you would be hard pressed to find some one over there say something nice about RWi with out immediately being labeled a "shill" or a "muppet" - sad but very true.

I believe the higher standard of excellence maintained here can and will outlast the child like behaviour of the few and yes, even over at RWG the light will come on.

No matter how much you know about watches, no matter how good the watches are that you sell, no matter how "clever" or "sharp witted" you are, there is never a reason to ever be down right mean, ugly, disrespectfully or intentionally nasty to another person.

RWI sets the bar high and I can't say enough of how well the mods and admin here have handled the actions of the few.

As it happened after RWG 1 - when RWI became the standard, RWI will transform again into the standard of quality and set the bar a another level higher regarding the discussion of our passion for watches.

Stay put and don't let the negative attitude of a few spoilers get in the way of having fun!

See you around as RWI moves to the next level. I look forward to sharing with you all about watches and anything else that comes to mind as you are all my friends here.

Thanks -
And followed it up with this:

Jake48 said:
Jake48 said:
I believe the higher standard of excellence maintained here can and will outlast the child like behaviour of the few and yes, even over at RWG the light will come on.
Yes, very interesting with what is happenning with TTK. The words I wrote almost a year ago here seem to have been prophetic...
My first thought when I read over at RWG what had happened with TTK was:

"Ain't karma a b!tch!"

I am glad to see they took the appropriate actions and like RWI, they have raised the standard to one of civil and courteous discourse

I would like to conclude with my hope that Neil finds what ever it is that will bring some peace to his life and smooth the edges a little
and I do pray for his good health...

Roeod4

14/3/06
On a similar note, since it is the only forum he can get on, can anyone else access repgeeks site? Looks down to me.

raymcgill

Looking Around
27/12/07
Yes, its down for me too. And I think that if not banned from RG, he will be shortly.

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
RG is moving to a new server.... it was announced on their board along with RWG.... they'll be back up soon...

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Hopefully ttk will moderate his behavior (along with his delivery times)

to see the massive energy he has spent.. directed in a nicer way he would be

super dealer..

and not be banned anywhere.. again..

K

reddogsd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/08
raymcgill said:
Yes, its down for me too. And I think that if not banned from RG, he will be shortly.

No chance of that. Last time he had an insult war with a member (Yahoo aka ThreadLocker here), the Mods kept defending Neil and banned Yahoo.