• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

tt dj posted on rolex forum

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
check out this dj posted on the rolex forum in a dj thread. it was mixed in with the op's original post with other very nice dj's, notice anything odd about this one? i see allot of things wrong with this picture but none of them do and the thread is 2 or 3 pages long and 2 days old now. nobody has said a thing. i am telling you, it is easy to pass off a dj or dd. lol :lol:

check it out and see how many things wrong you can spot. i see several.

bracelet wrapped in plastic
hour and minute hands too short
5 oclock marker crooked
lume dot touching the 6 oclock marker
the first and last s in swiss are smudged
crown
white date wheel depending on what year it is supposed to be, z/m series are white and older ones are cream/beige

enjoy,

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
:lol: Nice find! I guess it's safe to say DD & DJ are just too hard to spot! Unless you would've spotted the flaws I would've sworn it's a gen! Just one thing on the plastic, I went to the Cartier AD about 2 weeks ago and the Roadster Chrono I tried on had plastic on the bracelet, maybe they do have plastic sometimes on the gen, lol. :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
rolex doesn't do that. when the ad receives them they are in a plastic sleeve similar to some of the reps i have received but the bracelet is not wrapped individually. the watch and bracelet will have little individual plastic protective stickers all over the place. the ad removes them from the plastic sleeve and puts it in the appropriate box along with the paperwork, booklets and so on. the boxes and stuff are shipped separately so the ad has to do all that. none of the original rolex protective stickers are in place on this watch case.

i just thought it was funny as much as we obsess over these little details and if it isn't a sports watch they don't have a clue.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
here is a picture of how a rolex is wrapped to ship.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
ahh.. eagle eye rolex guru HK does it again!!! good job m8!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Did you notice the picture was "crappydj.jpg". That might be a giveaway.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
KBH said:
Did you notice the picture was "crappydj.jpg". That might be a giveaway.

lol, that was how i saved it in my pictures when i copied it from the other site. lol :lol:

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
is truth in advertising..

thanks to HK!

lol

Life is Good!

Klink

:D

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Heh! Funny flaws spotted, the swiss looks like "SWIS3"

Thanks for posting the Sub pic, hk45.
...I liked to see how Rolex wraps it up for the dealers, interesting indeed.

Spirit.