• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trusty's $108 007 Omega

remixed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/06
Trusty's $108. Let me know what you think.

My%20collection%20006.jpg

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
Good looking watch for $108..... :wink: Wear it well...

Higgy 8)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
see, this has inspired me. My Planet Ocean doesn't look like it'll ever sell, mostly because it's second gen, so I'll buy a $108 SPM, the Omega I really wanted in the first place, and I'll swap movements, putting the ETA in the ... oh, I'll need to do all manner of mods to the stumps that hold the dial in and stuff. Damn.

remixed

23/3/06
It came out to $116 with shipping. Can't beat it with a stick. I'm getting a bezel insert for it that snaps in, as original. I won't have to worry about the glue coming off. That's $20, total for watch will be under $150. :)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
remixed said:
It came out to $116 with shipping. Can't beat it with a stick. I'm getting a bezel insert for it that snaps in, as original. I won't have to worry about the glue coming off. That's $20, total for watch will be under $150. :)
Well, I've never bought off Trusty, so maybe it's time to start...

remixed

23/3/06
yeah, that's it 21j. He ships fast. It only took 9 or 10 days to Florida from Malasya. Really has impressed the hell out of me.

higgy

Advisor
17/3/06
Pugwash said:
see, this has inspired me. My Planet Ocean doesn't look like it'll ever sell, mostly because it's second gen, so I'll buy a $108 SPM, the Omega I really wanted in the first place, and I'll swap movements, putting the ETA in the ... oh, I'll need to do all manner of mods to the stumps that hold the dial in and stuff. Damn.

hehehehe nothing's easy... :roll:

Higgy 8)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
higgy said:
Sure it is. I'll get the GMT. :D

Thanks for that idea, Remixed. I'll get a GMT and it'll be in the next tutorial. :D

higgy

Advisor
17/3/06
Pugwash said:
higgy said:
Sure it is. I'll get the GMT. :D

Thanks for that idea, Remixed. I'll get a GMT and it'll be in the next tutorial. :D

Cool... I got my GMT from PT. Very nice watch!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!

Higgy 8)

remixed

23/3/06
Glad to be of service. I just went in my pool with it and it passed the pool test just fine. Had it down at 7ft and no leakage.

bam rock

8/4/06
Hey again everyone. I'm kind of interested in the 007 Omega as well. Does anyone know if this is a pretty good rep? If I pick it up it will definitely be the 108$ special from trusty. That one is 40mm which I normally like a little bigger but then the ETA is 42.5. And I saw a gen on ebay that was 43. Does anyone know the gen size or if they come in different sizes? Sorry to ask so much at once basically I'll break it down
1) How accurate is this rep to gen (I know "bond" watches that aren't 007 have problems with pearl and I think the bracelet too)
2) What is the gen size?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Bam

meme

Horology Curious
11/5/06
bam rock said:
Hey again everyone. I'm kind of interested in the 007 Omega as well. Does anyone know if this is a pretty good rep? If I pick it up it will definitely be the 108$ special from trusty. That one is 40mm which I normally like a little bigger but then the ETA is 42.5. And I saw a gen on ebay that was 43. Does anyone know the gen size or if they come in different sizes? Sorry to ask so much at once basically I'll break it down
1) How accurate is this rep to gen (I know "bond" watches that aren't 007 have problems with pearl and I think the bracelet too)
2) What is the gen size?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Bam

Gen size is 42. There are other sizes (midsize, ladies) but nothing larger then 42.

I had a gen once, and the reps seem pretty good (although the "Omega" on the front seems to vary among dealers..not one got it 100% right from the pics I have seen.

bam rock

8/4/06
So the gen is 42 which means the 108$ asian isn't a very accurate rep if it's 2mm smaller than gen. Some things I can overlook but that one I don't think I can. Too bad because I liked the watch.