• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trevor is amazing!

hobowithmachete

Horology Curious
16/8/22
I've been meaning to sit down and write a thorough review about my experience with Trevor since November.

He was able to tear down, fix and rebuild my BTF V2 Daytona in about 6 days as I was on a tight schedule. I wear the watch daily and the work has held up perfectly. Incredible stuff!

Here is the short of it:
Accommodating
Communicative
Detailed
Friendly
Amazing work

Here is the long of it:

I'm originally from Northern California, but live in France. It's nearly impossible to find ANYONE to work on reps because of counterfeit laws - apparently if they are caught servicing a rep (knowingly or unknowingly), they can be fined up to 5,000EUR. I don't know more about it, just what an independent horloger has told me when I asked if he can work on it.

If you do find someone, it's a shady watch shop in the Chinatown area of Paris where they work is dirty and doesn't hold up. I brought my VSF DJ41 to be serviced and they gave it back to me with a screw loose inside the movement. They fixed that, but now the timing is off by +40s/d. It's kind of ruined the watch for me and I don't want to bring it back to them.

Back to the Daytona - I bought two BTF V2 Daytonas from LykanJT - one for me and one for my pops. It was easy receive them from LA, since my dad in NorCal, but first I opted for the Oascom treatment (inspection of movement, waterproof testing, regulation of watch) for an additional $120 for each watch. I was happy with the purchase, but when I got my Daytona, it was only a few weeks that the watch would unwind itself after winding and I would have to reset the time each time I wanted to wear it. I sent LykanJT a message about it on WhatsApp, but he received no response 🤷‍♂️. Not sure if Oascom's inspection goes deep enough to identify the potential issue at hand, but I suppose this is what you get when dealing with reps.

I started looking for options on how to get this repaired. I saw a thread on Reddit where Trevor had mentioned he is back in business after moving from the Midwest to my hometown! I had a trip planned in a few months, so I sent him a message explaining my situation and that I will be home for a week. He kindly responded saying local walk-ins are welcome, but tearing down and rebuilding a 4130 movement is a big job to get done within basically 7 days, so get him the watch as soon as I arrive. I am very grateful for his accommodation and kindness.

Fast-forward, I'm home and drive 10 minutes down the road to drop the watch at Trevor's. What convenience. Trevor confirms that he received the watch, and immediately begins the teardown process, sending me photos and short explanations of the process on the way. His photos from the bench are impressive! He's got some really nice equipment and it all is SUPER organized. My pops was also really impressed by the process/photos. Trevor's communication was excellent.

He quickly finds the culprit - a bad reversing wheel. In the end, he threw that in and a free pressure test to 10bar as a freebie for me with the service. What a guy. On top of all that, he regulated the watch to within 2 seconds and realigned the bezel.

Invoice comes in, $400 for a 4130 movement as advertised. Paid through Paypal, added a tip for everything Trevor has done - quick and easy. Pick up the watch the next afternoon. and it's beautiful as ever. It winds 'tbuttery' smooth, looks great, movement is flawless. I'm absolutely stoked on the job.

This was all in the beginning of November. It's been about 2 months since receiving my watch. I wear my Daytona daily and the watch has performed flawlessly, even the Chrono (the pushers even have a certain sturdiness to them since Trevor has worked it over).

I'm ecstatic with the work. I love wearing the watch with confidence knowing that it has been serviced with expertise, precision, and thoroughness - and or that I thank you, Trevor!

I look forward to working with Trevor again, and sending business his way.

Reactions: PsychoTee16