• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tony no replies,

LP640

18/1/09
Bought a Panerai 3 months ago from Tony and still haven't got my watch!

Sent it back (back in November, took 2 wks to receive, and watch was damaged on arrival).

Only heard from tony when he said he received and sent me pics of it fixed, but never heard from him again and never saw the watch again since !!!!

He's either dead or alive in my opinion since no replies at all. Maybe I missed something and he's locked up ?

Marvinuk

Horology Curious
14/1/10
I had email contact with him on friday. Placed an order (my first) for 2 watches. Waiting on the QC pics at the moment. I'm pretty sure he's still around! Hope so anyway.

LP640

18/1/09
WOW, that's news to me, I sent him a message 2 wks ago to his RWI account with no reply either.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Try emailing him? Dealers rarely check their PM inboxes on the forums

LP640

18/1/09
Try emailing him? Dealers rarely check their PM inboxes on the forums

That's the thing, resorted to PM's because after sending dozens of emails to him I get no replies, the last reply mentioned that he was going to send it off....and nothing since.

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Got an email from him on Staturday (18th) for stock confirmation. Planning to place an order tonight. Will let you know.

Nigel

Known Member
26/11/10
I had an email from him last night at 11.34pm Sydney time about my order if thats any help.

m3nster

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
United States
Tony will come around, he just completed my order last week my watches are on the way to me. Just be patient with him. Good luck!

Marvinuk

Horology Curious
14/1/10
Yep, QCs arrived yesterday, shipped today. I think he gets in touch when something to say/add. Hang in there, he seems a good egg!

LP640

18/1/09
After all these weeks of still trying, No reply! Seriously Tony ! What are you doing !!!!

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
It's probably better shooting a Mod a pm, or better still raising a ticket, tbh it doesn't sound like Tony, but I'm sure it's frustrating for you.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yes, no point getting yourself all frustrated. I would have opened a helpdeck ticket a long time ago.

avocado

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/09
Why doesn't he come on here and straighten this out? I am afraid to deal with him now. I was going to buy a watch from him.

eaglexkr

Known Member
30/1/11
Why doesn't he come on here and straighten this out? I am afraid to deal with him now. I was going to buy a watch from him.

That why there is more then one trusted dealer on this forum. Buy from a dealer you are comfortable with.
I have dealt with Tony and he has always come through for me. But I don't send him a ton of emails with a lot of questions.I know what I want and I can wait 2-5 days for an answer.
Good Luck!:whistle:

mbenz

Banned
27/6/11
I have the same problem. Received a new watch and sent back because of minor defect and he said he found a bigger fault---- rotor problem and never communicate with me again despite repeated emails.

Probably sold my watch to someone else......... bye bye to my watch.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
I have the same problem. Received a new watch and sent back because of minor defect and he said he found a bigger fault---- rotor problem and never communicate with me again despite repeated emails.

That's a hell of a first post. You should contact a mod with your concerns.

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10

I doubt this... kind of what I expected from someone with 1 post. I sent a watch to Tony for repair, took about 2-3 months to get there because of issues with CNY and such. But Tony got it, fixed it and sent it back. Patience is a virtue but it seems that a lot of new people lack said patience.

mbenz

Banned
27/6/11
Hi all, I may be new in this forum but I have bought watches from Perfect clones Joshua, TrustyTime Andrew, all of them replied promptly when I have problems. The reason why I try out Tony is because he is willing to let me change the Pre-V buckle to deployant while others cannot do it.
Unfortunately, he is missing- in- action after I asked him when he can return my watch. It is a brand new watch . He can just send me a new watch to replace this faulty watch instead of not replying my emails, if he is sincere.
Anyway, I am just sharing my experience dealing with him.

BTW Naylor07, how long do you think is a reasonable time frame to wait for an answer? Weeks?

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
I give dealers a lot of time to respond. Many of them are currently dealing with crack-down issues in China which can be seen in other threads. I, myself, have never had extremely long waiting periods for Tony, but have waited around a week for an answer.

If you think it has been too long, you could contact a mod, but I have a feeling they will tell you the same thing, waiting is key.