• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today is a sad day for my wrist.

2poor4real1z

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/7/08
Thats right, today is a sad day for my wrist. It seems I have a new favorite watch and it seems like it is going to get FAR more wrist time than anything else. Why is that sad? Because in my honest opinion, this watch is very girly and even my wife says it make me look gay. Its a SS DJ, Silver Jubilee dial with diamond markers. And compared to all my other watches, its SMALL! I got a great LV Sub that I knew I would wear the crap out of but now that I have it, its just OK. I don't know why but I love this DJ, I just love it. Fakey has my YM, giving it a good once over and taking all signs that it came from the cartel away. My only hope is that when it gets back home, it will start to get the most wrist time. I am embarrassed to say, I am loving this bling. The travesty of it all.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

LOL :lol:

...I should pimpslap you for that.
SS Datejusts are just as elegant and still subtle as a watch can be...Does it have a Jubilee Bracelet too, or a Oyster Bracelet?

I have a SS Datejust on Silver Dial with stick markers on an Oyster Bracelet, and it´s almost a beater...a watch for everyday and every occasion without fear, although I take ALOT of care of it.
I know how you feel about it being small on the wrist, my wrists are small too, and it sits just right there, the 40mm Subs (I have a LV Submariner too) at first look were kinda big on me, cause I was just used to wear Datejusts and small TAGs all the time (some alternancy with a Cartier Tank Francaise too - but it´s gone)
...Nowadays I have already 4 Datejusts:

SS - Silver Dial, Smooth Bezel, Oyster Bracelet.
SS - Matte Black Dial, "Thunderbird" Fluted Bezel, 2007 Oyster Bracelet. (TURN-O-GRAPH - 2007 model)
TT - Gold Dial, Smooth Bezel, Oyster Bracelet. (Yellow Gold TT)
TT - Champagne and White Dial, Fluted Bezel, President Bracelet (Everose Gold - 2007 model)

...My Stainless Steel DJ´s get some decent wrist time, but not the Gold ones, which I reserve for special occasions and night time with special people...

I must say: ENJOY YOUR ROLEX! ...as long as you like it, you´re good to go.
...and if you don´t, I´ll be glad to accept it as a donation. :mrgreen:

DSC06669xR.jpg

Congrats!

Cheers,
Spirit.

2poor4real1z

Banned
25/7/08
Jubilee Bracelet on this one. I would post a pic but don't know where my camera is at the moment. Thanks guys I just needed to be reassured that it wasn't gay I think. LOL I do love this thing. Thinking about getting another just because I know this one will be the beater. This and the YM as soon as it gets back. But man I am just use to much larger watches now. Oh well. I'll post a wrist shot later Also I see there are 37mm and 40mm DJ. Is that right?

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
2poor4real1z said:
Jubilee Bracelet on this one. I would post a pic but don't know where my camera is at the moment. Thanks guys I just needed to be reassured that it wasn't gay I think. LOL I do love this thing. Thinking about getting another just because I know this one will be the beater. This and the YM as soon as it gets back. But man I am just use to much larger watches now. Oh well. I'll post a wrist shot later Also I see there are 37mm and 40mm DJ. Is that right?

heh, mate, I'm considering right now a gen 35mm TT Constellation [auto], they're very elegant and I just love the way the constellation's bracelet has a subtle hint of gold, 35mm watches are NOT gay, I'd have to roundhouse kick anyone in the face who implies that! :p

web_1252_30.jpg

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

^ Ditto what Guanaco said.

You have good taste, Guanaco!
...I´m also a fan of the Constellation Omegas, and this version is my favorite from them. the Full Gold version is very nice too, but the TT is more subtle...I opted for the Cartier Tank Francaise instead, but in SS...

DSC07049xR.jpg

@ 2poor4real1z:
...as far as I know, there are no 37~40mm Datejusts.It does come in 3 sizes:
31mm - Ladies
34mm - FancyPants...ehrr..I mean, mid-sized (Rolex calls it "Boys" size)
36mm - Gentlemen

Now at Sept~Oct 2008, Rolex will be releasing its new models in 41mm (So far, for Day-Date models only, but I guess Datejusts will just follow)
..Since the Milgauss is already a Datejust in 40mm, it won´t take time from now on.

** Some interesting fact about the actual 2007 Rolex Milgauss: It´s 14mm thick (height) Does that mean that it´s as think as a Sea-Dweller? being a 40mm wide and 14mm thick, I guess so...

Also 2poor4real1z, just throwing an advice about your Jubilee Datejust, based on some personal experiences, IMO, the Jubilee Bracelet is the easier one to get some stretch by constant wear. So, if you´re planning to have this as a beater, keep that in mind...
As you said you´re planning to get another Datejust, as this one will get some beating, leave the other for special occasions then, or you will get a beaten-look on your watches quickly...
The President Bracelet is another one that get stretching not so hardly...It happens because of the small links size, that allow the bracelet to be a little bit looser on itself - if you get what I mean.. and not having the thicker links the Oyster Bracelet have.

Regards,
Spirit.

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
Don't worry 2poor4real1z, my grandpa can't stop wearing his date just either.... :lol:

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
@ 2poor4real1z:
Don't let their heckling dissuade you from wearing whatever flips your switch.
It's all meant in good fun.
I've been known to own a TT Datejust with diamond markers, a Carier Pasha with diamond bezel and a Pasha Seatimer.
Had to give 'em all away, only because they didn't physically fit me.
If you have gorilla wrists, don't buy under ~44mm.
If your wrists are normal, then wear the cool stuff we great apes cannot and enjoy!

Here ya go, that's a 47mm Fiddy:
fiddystraight2.jpg

The case of an Oyster is the size of the crystal on this one.
I dare not even show you a pic of the TT Datejust I surrendered to my wife.
Looks like wearing highwaters.

2poor4real1z

Banned
25/7/08
guanaco said:
heh, mate, I'm considering right now a gen 35mm TT Constellation [auto], they're very elegant and I just love the way the constellation's bracelet has a subtle hint of gold, 35mm watches are NOT gay, I'd have to roundhouse kick anyone in the face who implies that! :p

web_1252_30.jpg
My Wife wears a Bulova that looks exactly like this one only all SS and diamond bezel..... Guess she has an homage watch.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the jubilee bracelet is probably the most comfortable bracelet in the world. don't worry about the stretch it takes years of use and if you order a extra one when you order the watch is is only about 20.00 extra. just put it away and if you ever need it you will have it. i have been wearing a tt dj for about 5 years now and the bracelet is fine.

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
hk45ca said:
the jubilee bracelet is probably the most comfortable bracelet in the world. don't worry about the stretch it takes years of use and if you order a extra one when you order the watch is is only about 20.00 extra. just put it away and if you ever need it you will have it. i have been wearing a tt dj for about 5 years now and the bracelet is fine.

That's the truth.
I tried to buy extra links for my TT DJ after the fact, but there was too much uncertainty about what would fit. Too many versions out there.
Buy your spares at the time of original purchase.