• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

To mod or Not to mod ...that is the question.... (Ap royal oak 15500 zf v3)

WatchGod69

Horology Curious
28/5/23
USA
Whatsup RWI!

So i know its personal pref but you guys who do mod your pieces did you see a big difference on the look feel and sound of the watch?
If so what mods do you recommend ?

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
To be honest… no. It really is just knowing you have Gen pieces. Can you notice the difference? YES… but do you? I don’t think so… I mean at first you stare at it all day long reveling in how much better the font on your Gen dial looks (or bezel or whatever you mod). But soon after, it just becomes normal and absolutely no one else notices a difference.

WatchGod69

Horology Curious
28/5/23
USA
To be honest… no. It really is just knowing you have Gen pieces. Can you notice the difference? YES… but do you? I don’t think so… I mean at first you stare at it all day long reveling in how much better the font on your Gen dial looks (or bezel or whatever you mod). But soon after, it just becomes normal and absolutely no one else notices a difference.

i hear u bro! thanks for the reply !

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
I wouldn’t bother with modding your ZF 15500 tbh. It’s a great watch out of the box and I don’t think there’s much you could do to improve it, at least not without getting ridiculously expensive gen parts

Reactions: leo6929

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
I know it’s expensive but a gen dial changes the whole watch. It’s opening Pandora’s box I know (hands next etc) but the right polish with a gen dial is enough in my humble opinion.

Reactions: ovrdrive69