• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Time to buy a chrono! Which of the 3?

chronomatic

Renowned Member
25/11/14
From above Speedmaster looks like Gen but from rep Speedmaster looks terrible except Speedmaster numbered edition with ST-19 bit still faux chrono sub dial at 6.

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

psychom3

Renowned Member
3/3/09
But bro, that Chinese Panda Chrono looks very interesting. That is something you don't see on a daily base.

It is a Seagull 1963 Chinese Air Force remake. You can find tons of them (with different levels of quality) everywhere.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
7750 is fine mate. Even the newer APs at sec@12 have come a long way. All my newer APs haven't had a single problem.

Also there has been movement upgrades recently to the Sec@6 like on the IWC3878. It seems alot more sturdy now with a single larger gear to shift the seconds to 6 position. Before they were using 2 smaller gears which caused alot of problems due to alignment/teeth of the smaller gears etc etc...

MisterGu

I'm Pretty Popular
3/10/13
Anyone know where that sterile pilot chrono the op posted is from. I'm really digging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/2/14
I wouldn't get the omega, fake nonfunctional subdial and wrong case thickness would annoy the hell out of me. Go with pam288 if you want a nice classy-looking rep that's very close to gen. If you prefer an affordable gen instead, gemnation/thewatchery/touchofmodern have Revue Thommen Airspeed bicompax on sale for under $500 every now and then.

D

d4m.test

Speedmaster all the way - with the ST19. At this moment I´d consider the never discussed Omega Regatta Chrono with A7750 and yellow accents (on Puretime), it looks fantastic imho. I´d also consider the white Snoopy version (Naarika, I think).
Over the Years Omega has so many sub-, main, reduced, special edition releases that nobody knows anyway.
I even have the absolutely "terrible" quartz version from Toro and it´s solid, reliable, wears great with a fantastic bracelet, the readability of the white hands against black background is just sharp and great, couldn´t care less:)

IMG_4162r_zpszsakjsqy.jpg

MOON3c_4165_zpskzzuglbb.jpg

OMG_2268c_zps2c2ae686.jpg

dorsen

Known Member
28/9/15
The 7750 movement is alright when the primary second hand is at 9. If it's altered to 12 or 6 then that's where the time bomb starts. Overall I think it's fine with the movement nowadays since they uses 7753 now?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

That's good to hear! The 775X's are always 4-5mm thicker than there lemania counterparts, which is my second argument against them. Also the St19 looks awesome.

I vote for the sterile pilot. The incorrect subdials on the speedy would bug me and not a fan of the panda.

Yeah I love the pilot, but I already have a sterile pilot which is why I'm leaning towards speedy, but again the subdials on the speedy - although nobody would notice, they'd bug me. Which is why I'm tempted by the 1963 too.

Now that I look at it more. I'm really digging that pilot. Where's it from?

It's on taobao! If you like sterile pilot, go with a tisell, they have heat treated blue steel hands whereas the one I posted has metallic blue painted hands, which ultimately won't look anywhere near as good as heat treated blue or black painted hands.

The pilot is the cheapest one on there too

http://world.taobao.com/item/525795...n&spm=a312a.7728556.w4004-8759989811.4.chwY4a

More likely than not, all 3 of these watches use the st19.

Yeah all 3, same movement

Besides the new Spectre, the Seamaster series is the nicest OMEGA range in my opinion.

But bro, that Chinese Panda Chrono looks very interesting. That is something you don't see on a daily base. Where did you find it?

That ones from longisland watches! There's a couple of chinese factories making various fantasy versions of the Seagull 1963, the original is 38mm only and looks like this

Seagull1963f.jpg

Speedmaster hands down
ff9c84181b21a62e11733d172e970377.jpg

Haha yeah, looks pretty good eh. And a bit of a landslide on the poll...

From above Speedmaster looks like Gen but from rep Speedmaster looks terrible except Speedmaster numbered edition with ST-19 bit still faux chrono sub dial at 6.

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

Link?

Speedmaster all the way - with the ST19. At this moment I´d consider the never discussed Omega Regatta Chrono with A7750 and yellow accents (on Puretime), it looks fantastic imho. I´d also consider the white Snoopy version (Naarika, I think).
Over the Years Omega has so many sub-, main, reduced, special edition releases that nobody knows anyway.
I even have the absolutely "terrible" quartz version from Toro and it´s solid, reliable, wears great with a fantastic bracelet, the readability of the white hands against black background is just sharp and great, couldn´t care less:)

IMG_4162r_zpszsakjsqy.jpg

MOON3c_4165_zpskzzuglbb.jpg

OMG_2268c_zps2c2ae686.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking about the snoopy one too or anything white on black / black on white always looks great.