• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

This is why I like the GMT Master

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
It's a versatile watch. From sporty Pepsi to classy Black/Burgundy. It's two (or actually three) watches in one.

br.jpg

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I do not own a GMT yet, But I am going to order 2 different ones for myself as I have completely fallin in love with this watch after getting a few for friends. I only own 1 Rolex. A 7 yr old black face Yatchmaster. The GMT calls to me.

D

d4m.test

can't agree more. The pepsi and the black/burgundy are the most colorful rollies. Sporty and gentlemanly in one. It's also my favorite. I personally like the correct hand stack version but 2 such movements have slipping hour hands. Joe said to press the dial tight by adding a couple drops of glue to the dial ring so the dial will hold some gear for the hour hand better (yes, Joe said the dial helps hold it in place). I haven't done that yet. I hope there's a more permanent fix.
my pepsi. I modded it so the bezel can be popped off by hand. I'm making 2 more removable bezels (all black and black/burgundy) so I have 3 watches in 1:
IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

-bm

MJ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/07
By-tor: I couldn't agree more. I used to own a genuine pepsi gmt which cost me a ton of money to get repaired each year. It was a very unreliable and inaccurate watch, but I loved its look.

I think the GMT is the greatest looking watch of the rolex line. Subs are great, but I don't care for the bezels. I think the GMT with its dots and numbers going all around the bezel just looks better to my eye.

You have a great looking pepsi there, and a nice photo too. I just got a fantasy gmt II from josh and am liking it. The bezel was terribly loose and I tightened it. It has a big (sub?) crown which seems too large. The bracelet is stunning and the swiss movement sweeps the second hand beautifully. I will photograph soon.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Thanks guys.

@MJ: The watch in my picture isn't Pepsi. It's the red/black. Actually it's the same watch as my Pepsi but with different bezel. :)

pepz2ab.jpg

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Great shots By Tor ! :) like your backgrounds...

you stated on rwg that you have all the watches you want... but what about the BCE or SFSO? :)

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
I have a GMT Master that is not a "Master II", but one of the transitional pieces when they first implemented the quickset date, but not yet the independent 24 hour hand. Always been a fav, but at 40mm it's like taping a quarter to my wrist.

Thank goodness for the 47mm and up trend, to benefit the sasquatch among us.

I immediately gravitated to the black/red over Pepsi or single tone bezel, because it seemed a bit dressier somehow, easier to sneak along with a nice jacket.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
piratedzeus said:
Great shots By Tor ! :) like your backgrounds...

you stated on rwg that you have all the watches you want... but what about the BCE or SFSO? :)

Thanks mate. Yeah those two Breitlings are on top of my list. Also white Explorer II. HiDef's pics made me want one.

@Burger: Yeah the red/black is much dressier choice. Pepsi is my current favourite but I think I'll go with this combo for a while now. :)

Goldenlake

Known Member
16/3/07
By-Tor said:
It's a versatile watch. From sporty Pepsi to classy Black/Burgundy. It's two (or actually three) watches in one.

br.jpg

Nice watch, nice spirit:)

/Lake

watchace

Renowned Member
4/1/07
Weird, I allways liked the GMT but preffered the black/black combo, just seemed easier to pull of with whatever clothes you're wearing.

Red/blue and red/black are nice but I wouldnt feel comfortable wearing them with anything other than say jeans and a red or white shirt, otherwise I feel it just looks wierd, but thats just me though.

I guess im just to anal about color coordination.....

Sweet pics though.

HiDef

16/10/06
I don't care about people first impression of Rolexes as a fake. I wear this one a lot and will be keeping it for good :twisted:

dscn0957rh7.jpg

judderman193

31/8/06
GMt best rolex

Would just like to second or third what everyone said have recently purchased the most beautiful GMT after advice from By-tor thanks and double thanks by the way!!!

And I am so happy fits like glove, can be warn all day is comfortable looks stunning and not to bash the sub is as far as i am concerned a far better watch for all round use. Would post pic, but im a crap photographer and By-tor first picture of black on red is exactly what i have its a stunning watch...

All of you wear them with pride i do....