• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

alfajor

26/6/15
Conus

My VSF 116610LN arrived, looks great, only thing lacking is the bracelet quality compared to my gen which feels more solid and sturdy. My GF Airking bracelet feels better to me.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
My pre-raid VSF 114 vs pre-vsf XF 116.

Ignore the dial and hands of the XF.

The case shape is identical, the stem height is very slightly different due to the ETA movement in the XF. Insert indices look much better on the VSF. The clasp is better on the XF marginally, though it closes with a less confident click than the VSF. The crystal is better on the VSF. The XF cyclops doesn't have the distortion like the 126 VSFs do, so thats a bonus.

If I ever get around to getting a dial + hand set for the XF, I'd prefer that in the long run just for the movement stability.

But I still love the VSF 114 enough to call it NWBIG. Only falls short of the super rep stat due to the 12 oclock triangle being a little shorter than gen, but I honestly doubt anyone gen owners will know.

[Pics]

Wow, the indices lume on the 116 really do look murky. Like it's been captain Jack Sparrow's old companion found in a wreck. No but seriously, did they get exposed to humidity or similar under your ownership?

Last edited:

byseconds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/21

My VSF 116610LN arrived, looks great, only thing lacking is the bracelet quality compared to my gen which feels more solid and sturdy. My GF Airking bracelet feels better to me.

Great, I´m waiting for my VSF 116610 today.
I have another 116610 from GMF (V2), first of all I will compare and look for details, after that... maybe I will think about make a franken with te best of both, and I will get a great Rep and a Rep of the Rep.

RainbowNato

30/11/21
Wow, the indices lume on the 116 really do look murky. Like it's been captain Jack Sparrow's old companion found in a wreck. No but seriously, did they get exposed to humidity or similar under your ownership?

Ah I had the dial sitting in a box for like a year, gets pretty hot and humid here in Australia, and the hands came from a XF SD43, its a real messy frankenstein

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Ah I had the dial sitting in a box for like a year, gets pretty hot and humid here in Australia, and the hands came from a XF SD43, its a real messy frankenstein

Oh, right. I think I saw your post where you went through the XF build. Sort of a franken, yeah?

Edit:
I had to jog my memory, I remember your thread where you explained this build. Nicely done and that explains everything (again:p)

Last edited:

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
great Rep and a Rep of the Rep.

Great yes but seeing what involvement a rep can take is quite hard to have a rep of the rep unless you go totally franken but then you will have franken of the franken :)

Jokes aside great read here for us to learn, thank you all for sharing your knowledge

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
QUOTE=byseconds;n10523829]
great Rep and a Rep of the Rep.[/QUOTE]

Great yes but seeing what involvement a rep can take is quite hard to have a rep of the rep unless you go totally franken but then you will have franken of the franken :)

Jokes aside great read here for us to learn, thank you all for sharing your knowledge

byseconds

4/11/21
Left GMF V2, right VSF.

9gP7L0v
IMG-20220210-203956.jpg

IMG-20220210-203821.jpg

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Got my 126LN tonight. Bracelet feels a little light and bezel moves a little too freely compared to my pre raid vsf 114060. I do like the watch so deciding between date and no date now.