• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
it’s an ARF V3 bracelet 😅 feels awesome of course… very very indecisive which one to put on. Because I think the belonging VSF bracelet also looks great when it comes to SELs and I cleaned it and oiled it afterwards - now you nearly don’t feel a haptic difference.
Just the mid step and SEL to case fitting could decide…

Reactions: Rangeman

Rangeman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/22
The 40mm Super Case / Maxi Case arrived today. Getting the Super Case No Date next.
Just recently I'm asking here which to get between the 40mm vs 41mm, thanks for all the suggestions 🙂

Reactions: mingakuma and Vi-Lo

Johnnymolee

Horology Curious
12/1/19
Are they both VSF?
Which one would you prefer? I have a VSF 116610 and think about to order a VSF 126610. Can I ask who's your TD?

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Are they both VSF?
Which one would you prefer? I have a VSF 116610 and think about to order a VSF 126610. Can I ask who's your TD?

Although the 12 series is 41mm, the 11 series seems visually larger because of the maxi case. That being said, the 12 series is more aesthetically pleasing and balanced due to the wider bracelet. The larger clasp helps to not make it feel so top heavy.

11 series is more utilitarian.
12 series is more refined.
Both are beautiful in their own way.

Last edited:

Rangeman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/22
Are they both VSF?
Overall Quality wise the VSF 41mm is way better vs VSF 40mm. Bezel action/click, smoother glide adjustment, crown action to name a few. Hard to explain but looks and feels better, very noticeable improvement in a superior/finer way on the 41mm.

I prefer more the 40mm Maxi Case though, more wrist presence for me. It's like when you see something and right away you know it's the one for you, that's the 40mm Maxi Case for me.

Hopefully VSF improve the already very good 40mm and make it great like what they did on the 41mm.

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
Dial doesnt look updated to me. Post some other angles in the sunlight - the sunburst still looks incorrect.
It’s clearly darker. Check out my other posts in different lighting. In fact if anything it might even be a hair too dark now.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
It’s clearly darker. Check out my other posts in different lighting. In fact if anything it might even be a hair too dark now.

Its not purely about the darkness or colour. Its about how the sunburst ray shines in the sunlight. The bow in the past was incorrect and an immediate tell that the dial was a rep.

This one might look better but hard to tell unless there are other pictures at different angles. That was the biggest flaw of the Hulk VSF dials

Reactions: Uhr70

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
Its not purely about the darkness or colour. Its about how the sunburst ray shines in the sunlight. The bow in the past was incorrect and an immediate tell that the dial was a rep.

This one might look better but hard to tell unless there are other pictures at different angles. That was the biggest flaw of the Hulk VSF dials

To me, it’s a huge improvement over older vsf. The only thing it doesn’t do is when the light hits it just right, a big section of the dial will glow like gen does. I don’t think any rep hulk dials have done that. But in most lighting conditions this new darker dial looks very gen-like.

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16

This is the angle and lighting I’m talking about btw on a gen. It only happens at certain angles and certain lighting conditions and I’ve never seen a rep dial pull it off.

But in 95% of angles and lighting this current vsf looks so good. Watch this video if a gen hulk and compare it to my pics:

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20

This is the angle and lighting I’m talking about btw on a gen. It only happens at certain angles and certain lighting conditions and I’ve never seen a rep dial pull it off.

But in 95% of angles and lighting this current vsf looks so good. Watch this video if a gen hulk and compare it to my pics:

That's because the gen dial has gold dust in it.

Not joking either.