• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

ipreferpie

Horology Curious
30/5/10
Just got my QC photos in from Intime.

Just wondering if the top CF bezel part has lines that are too slanted and should be more horizontal? Otherwise, it looks quite fantastic

sp00ky

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/20
I presume this the "RM035-02 Real NTPT ZF NH05A V3" Version?

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Just got my QC photos in from Intime.

Just wondering if the top CF bezel part has lines that are too slanted and should be more horizontal? Otherwise, it looks quite fantastic

Interesting, my QC pics from Intime were smaller & less resolution....wonder what the difference is. Have you bought multiple times from Ryan?

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
The MkI weighs 90grams and this new Mk III weighs 85 grams - both with strap, so a 5 gram saving on the original!

So we can assume that the V3 definitely has the NTPT front bezel and case back only.

If it would have the NTPT case the weight difference would be 18 grams instead of 5 gram compared to the V1 and V2. This would also explain the price difference to a full NTPT version from A***.

Nethertheless the V3 is a big improvement and certainly worth the price.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
The mid case of the Mk3 does reflect light though like the bezel. It is quite different to the mid case of the Mk 1. It is much blacker and shines along the strata lines of the side.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
My v2 did the same, I had Vac LUME open it and look at it , and he said it’s common with a seiko movement , nothing to worry about , just enjoy the watch

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
What are some things to keep an eye out for with RM reps in QC pics? I'm mostly familiar with AP and Patek.

xero800

Horology Curious
7/6/14
I’ve just received my V3 and I must say I’m very impressed by the NTPT material! I have actually worn the genuine RM35-02 and TBH, it’s quite close to the real thing...maybe the Richard Mille font could be better spaced out between Richard and Mille. And of course the biggest giveaway is actually it’s weight and black buckle that comes with the watch. The black deployant buckle is a little too glossy compared to the genuine. Best would be to replace it with Velcro strap....

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
What are some things to keep an eye out for with RM reps in QC pics? I'm mostly familiar with AP and Patek.

Buddy mostly it’s the bezel pattern. If you scroll back to my QC pictures you can compare it the first (I rejected it) and the second. The bezel pattern on top is less. It’s normally rectangular around the crystal but I’m the top it was missing.

If you compare the pictures you’ll see what I mean.

Other than that the usual things. Alignment of hands, markers etc.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Buddy mostly it’s the bezel pattern. If you scroll back to my QC pictures you can compare it the first (I rejected it) and the second. The bezel pattern on top is less. It’s normally rectangular around the crystal but I’m the top it was missing.

If you compare the pictures you’ll see what I mean.

Other than that the usual things. Alignment of hands, markers etc.

JM glad to see you are still in the rep collecting. I thought I remember seeing some posts where you were selling your reps and going for gens.

By the way thank you for providing insight into what to look for on the RM. I will post QC pics if I have questions about the bezel pattern.