• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Nope, can’t be arsed, I honestly barely notice it ever it’s such a non-issue that everyone keeps going on about. I guess different things are important to different people?!

The other issue I have it that my RM screwdriver is too large for this size of screws, they are smaller than the KVF ones!

DC

I guess they are. What bothers me the most about it is how easily it could’ve been avoided in the first place. This is like making a really nice sub and finishing it with a red pearled insert.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperLory

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I guess they are. What bothers me the most about it is how easily it could’ve been avoided in the first place. This is like making a really nice sub and finishing it with a red pearled insert.

ABD does that so i presume it's possible

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Nope, can’t be arsed, I honestly barely notice it ever it’s such a non-issue that everyone keeps going on about. I guess different things are important to different people?!

The other issue I have it that my RM screwdriver is too large for this size of screws, they are smaller than the KVF ones!

DC
Yeah I found out the hard way myself too. My replacement straps arrived and it will be much too much work for the screws (due to the mismatched screwdriver size) and to add the extra material on the ends to get it working, that I may move on from my RM035 :( Life is a bit busy for me right now and I would rather pay someone to fix it than invest the time right now unfortunately. But I really don't want to invest too much more money either into the RM35 because it's just much too thick for me - even at gen-spec haha.

I'm going to wait out for a thinner RM - because I absolutely love the design. It's a fun watch for sure.

Seven7r

24/5/15
I'm also waiting for a thinner RM! I was hoping ZF would make an RM055 Bubba Watson or the RM067-02 in any color and proportions.

The RM052s they have right now are too big and thick for me, I've always preferred the smaller RMs.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I'm also waiting for a thinner RM! I was hoping ZF would make an RM055 Bubba Watson or the RM067-02 in any color and proportions.

The RM052s they have right now are too big and thick for me, I've always preferred the smaller RMs.

RM067 would be the way to go for sure, if they did ever make a gen thickness one. The RM055 isn’t really much thinner than the RM035, certainly a rep of it is unlikely to be! But I agree I desperately want ZF to rep the white Bubba Watson, would love to have a decent one in my collection (I’ve owned three not so decent ones now).

DC

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

+1

Seven7r

24/5/15
RM067 would be the way to go for sure, if they did ever make a gen thickness one. The RM055 isn’t really much thinner than the RM035, certainly a rep of it is unlikely to be! But I agree I desperately want ZF to rep the white Bubba Watson, would love to have a decent one in my collection (I’ve owned three not so decent ones now).

DC

I've also owned the KVF RM055 in black. Initially I loved the watch and how cool it looked, but eventually I realized that the case proportions were so off. The case was too thick, wasn't curved enough, and the bezels were too thick.

If ZF repped any RM055 in any color, especially the grey one, I'd definitely get one.

They just really need to get the proportions perfect.

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I've also owned the KVF RM055 in black. Initially I loved the watch and how cool it looked, but eventually I realized that the case proportions were so off. The case was too thick, wasn't curved enough, and the bezels were too thick.

If ZF repped any RM055 in any color, especially the grey one, I'd definitely get one.

They’ve really done very well with the proportions of the RM035, especially the curve and the profile, so if they did make the RM055 I’m confident they would get it right.

Here’s hoping!!

DC

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

And they have to throw the god damn rotor out of their supposed manual movements and not sneak it under the decoration while increasing the thickness...

Reactions: majwilliams0308

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
And they have to throw the god damn rotor out of their supposed manual movements and not sneak it under the decoration while increasing the thickness...

Amen to that, this is one of a number of reasons that I love my RM001 and loved the RM027 (eurf version) coz they were actual proper manual wind tourbillon movements!!

DC

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
_DC_ she is doing well ... she took an international Trip from Dallas to Doha on Qatar Airways Q suite before the lockdown with me :)....

andre233

1/8/13
Is this a ZF or a gen?

bce93b57f5368ba48d02a11f7fc8476a.jpg