• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
although it's "locked in"
Screwed out in the ready position to start/stop?
or screwed in as non chrono fuction?

I think you mean you screw it out (to use the chrono) then it rotates.
If that's the case, you are correct and it can be the inner pin/screw that is loose.
Just replaced my pushers for Gen, and apparently there's a fine line between too mush screwed in (i mean the inner pin) you cant use the pusher, and too lose, the pusher just turns.
I'm no expert by any means, i'm doing my first franken project. I am sure there's plenty more peeps that can intervene and give more experienced opinion.

Speaking of which:

Is it still valid that the ARF bracelet is a must?
Optional parts:
  • ARF bracelet and clasp (150€)

wildkid

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/3/24
SEA & CONUS
Screwed out in the ready position to start/stop?
or screwed in as non chrono fuction?

I think you mean you screw it out (to use the chrono) then it rotates.
If that's the case, you are correct and it can be the inner pin/screw that is loose.
Just replaced my pushers for Gen, and apparently there's a fine line between too mush screwed in (i mean the inner pin) you cant use the pusher, and too lose, the pusher just turns.
What I meant was once the pusher is supposedly screwed in all the way (cannot actuate start/stop anymore), the pusher itself can still endless rotates clockwise.

You're right about the inner pin (I think).

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
What I meant was once the pusher is supposedly screwed in all the way (cannot actuate start/stop anymore), the pusher itself can still endless rotates clockwise.
I would suggest you to unscrew the pusher to the working position, then tighten the inner pin a bit more.
Cos after its screwed in, it shoudnt rotate anymore.
If you take the movement out, check if the inner pin is rotatin when you rotate the pusher.

GoProHero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/2/17
BTF with gen crystal and CF V3 dial. Wondering if I should go with gen hands, crown, pushers, bezel lol, or leave as is!

Reactions: frankdux1987

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
BTF with gen crystal and CF V3 dial. Wondering if I should go with gen hands, crown, pushers, bezel lol, or leave as is!

I have exactly the same setup, its an awsome watch mate. Im thinking of gen hands, and if i have the money a gen bezel to, then its complete:) i think gen hands is a must. White gold vs steel.. different shine,

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
I did this beside the pu
I have exactly the same setup, its an awsome watch mate. Im thinking of gen hands, and if i have the money a gen bezel to, then its complete:) i think gen hands is a must. White gold vs steel.. different shine,

This is before and after

Stock setup

After Gen

Reactions: domiffm and Tompa

pinoyako04

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/21

I have btf black dial too, Is it worth it to change my dial to clean v3? Is btf shiny subdial really different to gen black dial? Or its acceptable..