• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Two Tone Thread

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
The Burren and the Flaggy shore Co. Clare

SfwRjvR.jpg

5JUvMPn.jpg

zVo5vi0.jpg

7ufsCzH.jpg

FqMOatd.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Gen or Rep ?

Gesendet von iPhone X

Franken :)

I will see if I remember the specs.

Startime case totally reworked.
Rolex 295c Xtal
Startime 18k Bezel
Rolex hands
Rolex Crown
Startime 18k Bracelet
Rolex 1984 16803 clasp
Rolex 16803 Dial
Rolex Insert
Rolex open 6 & 9 Champagne datewheel.
Yuki/Rolex Hybrid 3135 movement fully serviced.

All work done by my watchmaker. I wish the factories would make a good one :( This cost me a fortune.

Reactions: Dino2018

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
@yllekp
The blue faced Rolex two-tone is what originally got me interested in watches in the first place! It was the watch to have during the late 80's, and early 90's !

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
@yllekp
The blue faced Rolex two-tone is what originally got me interested in watches in the first place! It was the watch to have during the late 80's, and early 90's !

I never paid attention to Rolex until I saw that one.

Reactions: Rush

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
@yllekp
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I absolutely love the two-tone look, especially with the Rolex blue-face gold/steel. However, I've read even on GEN forums that it is a rather "dated look"? What do you think? I think that it's classic, but I have read many a thread say that it is an 'old-man' look :p

Let's discuss![/FONT]

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
@yllekp
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I absolutely love the two-tone look, especially with the Rolex blue-face gold/steel. However, I've read even on GEN forums that it is a rather "dated look"? What do you think? I think that it's classic, but I have read many a thread say that it is an 'old-man' look :p

Let's discuss![/FONT]

I have read that so many times too, OK I admit I am in my late 40's but I think it is classy and I never fell in love with the new ceramic. It is different stroke for different folks I guess. It was a young fella called QueTip who is responsible for getting me into the bluesy in the first place.

XB5JnI2.jpg

JyGvakq.jpg

Reactions: Hazza and Rush