• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Top 10 Lies about Replica Watches

Mikie C

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/2/24
There are at least 2 sites advertising their reps to be Swiss made. Their websites are very misleading, and very well done.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Their websites are very misleading, and very well done.

Just to point out, you are correct a helluva lot of sites are inaccurate, but that is a bit of a blanket statement, there is at least one TD on here who lists some watches as Swiss (but NOT Swiss MADE) and they do indeed have the original Swiss Movement.

I agree one has to do ones due diligince, but my point is not everyone is a scammer ;) That is why we buy from the TD's here (y)

I also buy from others, BUT ONLY if the TD's can't get a particular brand or model.

Reactions: Mikie C

hotrocks

Rolex, Rolex, Rolex...
Patron
Certified
22/3/24
CONUS
Great Read, wish i had found everything on this site a LONG time ago!

Easyr8686

Horology Curious
21/5/22
Salve sto cercando un daytona Oysterflex in oro Giallo o rosa, potete dirmi quali sono i migliori, e se esistono laminati, sono di buona qualità.? grazie per l’aiuto.

Easyr8686

Horology Curious
21/5/22
For the noobs who think our replicas are made on an assembly line like cars you really need to follow the link in my signature and see what a replica "factory" really looks like!!
Ciao dove trovo il link per vedere 8 tuoi orologi.?
grazie

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
@Easyr8686 Vedo che hai pubblicato post su questo argomento in più aree, posso suggerirti di interrompere la pubblicazione e attendere una risposta, oppure iniziare a leggere, leggere, leggere e imparare. Di seguito è riportato il forum secondario Rolex.

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
they do indeed have the original Swiss Movement.
Nope. I dont think so. Years ago we discovered that we were getting clone ETA movements that were advertised as Swiss ETA. Theres a whole thread about it somewhere. Bottom line, none of the advertised swiss eta movements were swiss (and this included trusted dealers here). Because the rep forums and following was so much smaller back then it was easy for them to get one over on us. I for one have ALWAYS said that we were never getting anything that was actually swiss.
I find it very hard to believe that any rep manufacture would use actual swiss movements.

Last edited: