• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 'spotted' thread!!!!

tagman26

2/1/11
That Omega could have been a gen. I own a gen SMP quartz. Its about 41 or 42 mm watch so it's a great looking watch and shares the same look as the Bond Auto. My research shows that the original Bond SMP was a quartz.

I opted for the quartz vs the Auto because the AD recommended that they keep great time and since I owned gen autos it would be a great switch for my collection. You can tell the quartz models from the auto though. The quartz have a "red" Seamaster word above the word professional at the bottom of the dial. Great watch to wear and even better feel from the bracelet. Very classy!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
That Omega could have been a gen. I own a gen SMP quartz. Its about 41 or 42 mm watch so it's a great looking watch and shares the same look as the Bond Auto. My research shows that the original Bond SMP was a quartz.

I opted for the quartz vs the Auto because the AD recommended that they keep great time and since I owned gen autos it would be a great switch for my collection. You can tell the quartz models from the auto though. The quartz have a "red" Seamaster word above the word professional at the bottom of the dial. Great watch to wear and even better feel from the bracelet. Very classy!

Oh it was definately a Gen I have no doubts about that. I was just a little dissapointed the first Omega i see in the wild was a Quartz :p Not that I have anything against Quartz I just prefer to see a nice automatic.

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Got two!

Make and model of watch?

Rolex Submariner LV.

Where were you?
Authorised Dealer in Adelaide Arcade.

Rep/Gen?
I would really hope it was a gen haha.

Did you chat to the owner?
Only so much as to con him into letting me try on all the Omega's! And he was pretty friendly, obviously did NOT even bring up that I owned a watch let alone a replica. He thinks I'm looking at buying the Seamaster Pro next month. He's right, I will... just for a lot less than 5k and not from him :D

What watch were you wearing?
I had my Milgauss in my pocket for obvious reasons.

Make and model of watch?

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.

Where were you?
Hair salon in Adelaide. Same day as the previous one actually, I was at the AD to fill in time waiting for my appointment at the hair salon.

Rep/Gen?
He said it was given to him as a gift, it looked a little beat up but he seemed pretty ignorant about what model it actually was, which does not indicate a rep owner, so I'm gonna say gen?

I did. I noticed it pretty quickly and strongly suspected it was a PO while he was doing the cut but as he was moving around I couldn't be sure, until I got a good look at the shape of the clasp and decided to ask if it was. Said "Couldn't help but notice, that's a great looking watch? Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean?" and he stopped and looked at it and said "Uhh.. it's an Omega Seamaster Professional... Coaxial Chronometer" which made me smile. "I'm a bit of a watch guy myself, that'd be a Seamaster Planet Ocean mate. Says it on the bottom." then we got to talking and I showed him my rep. Didn't say it was a rep or a gen, just showed it to him, and he drew his own conclusion hehe.

Millie on bracelet.

tagman26

2/1/11
Understood...I felt the same way when I had a chance to put one on my wrist. Here there is only one Omega AD in the market and I think they was trying to push the quartz but I am happy I made the purchase. Either way, you won't go wrong. I have been in the ocean, lake and pool with this thing and it looks as good in a Tux as it does in my shorts and sandals. You will love it. Good luck and happy hunting.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Make and model of watch?
Tag Link Caliber 36

Where were you?
At a mates watching UFC

Rep/Gen?
Gen - belongs to the son of the mate that owns the Ferrari

Yeh, he's a nice bloke. I actually heard along the grape vine that he had the GC36RS, so I was keen to catch up with him to check it out.... Obviously, I was misinformed! lol.... Regardless, it's a beautiful watch!

My MM GTXL

mazz68

Known Member
4/1/11
MAKE AND MODEL OF WATCH? PAM 164 i think

WHERE WERE YOU? At work

REP/GEN?Probably Gen he was the close protection guy for some big wig from Spain. I am sure he makes enough.

DID YOU CHAT TO THE OWNER? IF SO, COMMENTS? Not Really kinda busy
WATCH YOU WERE YOU WEARING? Rolex Submariner LV Gen

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Panerai 177
Spotted at work
Could be rep or gen.
I sold the guy a camera, but did not say anything about his watch. Strange dude. He had it on a REALLY nice strap (gotta look around at the strapmakers for it) and was well dressed and looked like a "gen guy" but bought one of the cheapest cameras and wanted me to reduce the price 15$. When testing the camera he was only interested in the macro mode and only took photos of the watch..

shandroid

13/9/10
Panerai 177
Spotted at work
Could be rep or gen.
I sold the guy a camera, but did not say anything about his watch. Strange dude. He had it on a REALLY nice strap (gotta look around at the strapmakers for it) and was well dressed and looked like a "gen guy" but bought one of the cheapest cameras and wanted me to reduce the price 15$. When testing the camera he was only interested in the macro mode and only took photos of the watch..

Haha, probably a member!

Spotted - Uuuuuuuuurgly open heart breitling navi rep

Where - at work yesterday

Rep/gen - man, a HORRIBLE rep

Chat - Sort of... He was a young guy - I complimented him on his 'nice' watch and asked him what it is... He told me gleefully that it's a breitling. I think I made his day! Lol

studio1one

28/10/10
Make and model of watch?
Rolex Cellini 5112

Where were you?
Friends house

Rep/Gen?
Gen - my friend inherited it from his dad

Yeah, we were having a bottle of wine and talking watches and he went and pulled it out of storage, I was really surprised when he said he had it because I never saw it on his wrist. When it arrived I could see why, its 32mm!!!

Modded PAM 112

kilrimont

Known Member
18/12/10
great idea, I always notice watches.

MAKE AND MODEL OF WATCH? Rolex sub

WHERE WERE YOU? Harvard Club Boston

REP/GEN? My guess is rep based on his style. He spotted spotted someone else with the same watch an made big deal about it. Flaunting it, I think they were friends a probably got 2 fer deal somewhere.

DID YOU CHAT TO THE OWNER? IF SO, COMMENTS?) Yes, talked about business not about watches, he was talking big about his biz, but evasive on the details. Another reason why I would guess he was wearing a rep.

WATCH YOU WERE YOU WEARING? $160 Patek rep, never noticed never mentioned.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Spotted - Omega PO 42mm

Where - My father-in-law had a Christmas party back in mid-December

Chat - No

Definitely Gen. Guy is a very successful engineer and I know his wife. Her family owns a funeral home.

I was wearing - Rolex ceramic Sub, black face & bezel...

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Funny how you see nice watches in places you'd least expect to.

Went to get donuts for the kids this morning at our local little hole in the wall shop. I walk in the door and see two older (late 60's) gentlemen sitting at a table having coffee. A big hunk of gold on the wrist of one of the men catches my eye. I kind of walk closer past their table to get a better look.

All gold Rolex Day/Date w/president bracelet.

I'm positive it was gen. I doubt those two guys even know there are "fake" ones available. Nor would they probably know how to get one.

Didn't speak to them.

I was wearing my 42mm PO on rubber

Phil G

29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
MAKE AND MODEL OF WATCH?

Rolex GMT

WHERE WERE YOU?

Eldest son's wedding

REP/GEN?

Gen

DID YOU CHAT TO THE OWNER? IF SO, COMMENTS?

Yes, he told me he bought the watch as a present to himself when he sold his business to become a Wedding singer.

This guy. Great singer and entertainer

WATCH YOU WERE YOU WEARING?

Bulova Accutron 218

=

MMA

5/10/10
Spotted:

Aquatimer chrono 3719 (the "Slevin")

Where:

on my wrist

rep or gen?

Gen

Chat?

No that would be crazazy.

watch i was wearing:

2004 gen Speedy moon

slevin.jpg

moon-wrist.jpg

:p

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
That's the lamest "Look I have a gen Aquatimer chrono 3719 (the "Slevin")" post i've ever seen. :p

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Spotted - Black date Sub Rolex

Where - Was sitting in a safety meeting and spotted it across the table on the wrist of a guy who is a bit of a douchebag. American Rig Superintendant, maybe 50 or so and thinks he's the fookin bees knees. Past 3 weeks he's been wearing a tiny, 18ct gold quartz watch on a brown leather strap. More like a dress watch, very thin and light. Looked tiny on his wrist. Then today he walked past the table with the Rolex on.

Chat - Oh yeah. After a long discussion on some safety issues with him and he was turning to go. I just said 'thats a nice sub you're wearing'. He didn't know what I was talking about initially, I think I caught him off guard. And I didn't want to just go shouting Rolex in the hallways of the offices. So I pointed to my wrist. 'Oh' he says, 'I dont normally wear this, just usually when I'm going home'. I smiled and went to turn back into my office, 'It's 28 years old by the way'. And snap i turn back round and was like 'oh man can i see it'

Was absolutely flawless, in amazing condition, and made me want one all the more. Especially as I'm planning on buying a Gen black sub that's about that age (birthday sub). Just slightly creamy/off white lume, beautiful sweep, perfect mag. Everything was really nice. The best thing I think was the fact that it actually was very inconspicuous. I think I was the only person in the room of 70+ people who would have noticed.

Definitely Gen.

I was wearing absolutely nothing important.

So, great spot today, closest i've got to a gen vintage piece so far.

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Spotted: Pam 111h

Where: at work
Rep/gen: little nicer rep than the average but far from dsn and the likes. Very nice crystal (no blue tint at all) but quite bad lume.
Chat: yes! He was a guy from canon, they send some sellers out every now and then to try and boost their sales a little. The Pam was from reg I think, and he has a lot of other reps at home (AP, panerai, IWC etc). Most of them from perfect clones. Turns out he is a member @ repgeek! And a really nice guy too :)
I was wearing: my 111

jesseharmon81

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/10
Spotted: SA blue face, number dial, quartz special...

Where: On Airport bus

My bus driver bent down to pick up my bag, as his arm came out coat there I saw the worst "ticking" SA... Didn't call him out, but did say nice Breit as I gave him a couple bucks once I was delivered to the Delta gate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk