• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The real COMEX watch

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
The He valves have nothing to do with depth or water resistance. They only function when living in and decompressing from a pressure depth environment. The He valve will function and do it's job even in a dry saturation living condition. The deep tunnelers use them as well as commercial divers.

Watches that are oil filled, besides being rated for astronomical depths, actually eliminate the need for an He purge valve because the He can not displace the fluid inside the watch. For the Commercial saturation diver or a deep tunneler, this is the best choice if he insists upon wearing a watch. The work environment is very hard on a watch however. Most of the tools create heavy vibration and we swing a lot of hammers down there. Most of the divers watches rarely get wet.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I have read the article that the Aquatimer cases are made to withstand both inner and outer pressure hence no He valve required.

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
That would mean that it is built to be gas resistant instead of water resistant. Of course that would make it seriously water resistant. That's interesting. That would have to be some serious o-ring seals. That speaks well of an Aquatimer.

phillycheez

6/6/09
its amazes me how smart this forum is. everybody with different backgrounds and skills all come together because of their love for watches. this became quiet an educational thread!

JellyJoe

28/9/09
OCEAN7_LM-7_Bracelet-02.jpg

Yorch1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/09
its amazes me how smart this forum is. everybody with different backgrounds and skills all come together because of their love for watches. this became quiet an educational thread!

that's true, friend.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Hehe not yet, SuperTaka, but I was considering the idea of an Omega There are a few around :p°°°

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Thx buddy.
More pics to keep drooling.
(dont be too scared, this guy must have a needle wrist lolz)
omega-ploprof-wristshot.jpg

Ploprof-2.jpg

ploprof.jpg

New 1200mt release:
omega_image.1145416.jpg

Weird rose gold limited 1/1 2009 version (single piece auctioned in Sep):
OmegaPloprof1_1_09_LRG.jpg

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
Oh Jesus that thing is sexxy....

JellyJoe

28/9/09
hehe no doubt buddy, and looks like soon we'll finally have a rep for that *droool*

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
Good guess.
It is absolutely correct. As the deeper you dive, the less breathing time you will have at disposal, it is imperative to keep an accurate bezel positioning when you dive deeper than 150-200mt, to be 100% aware of the limits within which you will have to start heading back towars the surface. Besides the increasing pressure might actually deform some parts, thus the need to have a safe lock for the rotating bezel.

isn't this why bezels are unidirectional, so that if the bezel does get moved after setting, it will show less time available and not more? Granted, locking bezel does surpas unidirectional