• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The rainy Sunday FRANCK breakfast meeting...

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Dutchy, which dealer do you get your Franck Muller reps?

slickrick773

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/11
thanks a lot dutchy...

you sold me. just added a Franck to my list of next three reps to buy...

Im thinking the Rose Gold Aeternitas... then maybe second to the left... n them maybe the moonphase 1? no wait...king conquistador..

:picard:

JDCKent

5/11/11
Sorry for being late to the meeting...

rjm54z.jpg

sl6veb.jpg

JDCKent

5/11/11
By the way, this is the Aeternitas 2 gen, if you wanted a comparison. Not exact in looks, but most tourby reps just aren't. It's a lot closer to the mark than the Aeternitas 3 rep though!
x58ndu.jpg

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
Great collection, thanks or sharing.

How is the gold tone? I'm always afraid of buying reps with gold because they might come off really quick or look fake. Your thoughts?

Thanks.

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Great collection, thanks or sharing.

How is the gold tone? I'm always afraid of buying reps with gold because they might come off really quick or look fake. Your thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi, the gold tone is +/- 90%, only us nerds will notice. As too durabilty, daily wear I would not recommend. But for a special day/weekend no issue!

IMG_0608.jpg

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
Dutchy,

I'm trying my damndest to get a Crazy Hours, but I'm coming up short.

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Hi, the gold tone is +/- 90%, only us nerds will notice. As too durabilty, daily wear I would not recommend. But for a special day/weekend no issue!

TFD,
Can you please elaborate as to why you would not recommend wearing it daily? Is it that you don't want the tourbillon movement running all the time, that you would end up dinging the case up with daily use, or that the gold plating would eventually wear on the watches that have it?

The reason why I ask is that I have a tourbillon, and was wondering if it would hold up to running daily.

Thanks.

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
TFD,
Can you please elaborate as to why you would not recommend wearing it daily? Is it that you don't want the tourbillon movement running all the time, that you would end up dinging the case up with daily use, or that the gold plating would eventually wear on the watches that have it?

The reason why I ask is that I have a tourbillon, and was wondering if it would hold up to running daily.

Thanks.

The tourby is fine! The gold plating is the issue!

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Thanks for clarifying. I was hoping the tourby was not the issue.

jjfad

Looking Around
25/4/14
Tony and Andrew!

I'm interested in picking up one of these reps. I'm new to the forum and don't know who Tony and Andrew are. I tried searching through the dealers area, and also did a general search for Tony and Andrew, but couldn't find any info on them or how they could be contacted? Anyone have a site link, contact info, or other info for them?

I'd like to pick up a Aeternitas 2. Any recommendations on who to go through and how much I should expect to spend? Thanks! And sweet pics!

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I'm interested in picking up one of these reps. I'm new to the forum and don't know who Tony and Andrew are. I tried searching through the dealers area, and also did a general search for Tony and Andrew, but couldn't find any info on them or how they could be contacted? Anyone have a site link, contact info, or other info for them?

I'd like to pick up a Aeternitas 2. Any recommendations on who to go through and how much I should expect to spend? Thanks! And sweet pics!

Tony is http://www.asian7750.com/cn/index.asp and Andrew is from: http://www.ttw888.com/ - they both have the same Aeternitas 2, Price is 650-790 USD... plus a new strap (22/18) as the rep ones are very poor...

dfer777

Known Member
19/1/11
Dutchy,

Your FM's are so beautiful .

Pretty sure I've seen most of your post's multiple times.

Those watches and your photography skills have a lot to do with my collection .

Never thought I would wear any gold, that has now changed.

This will be for for me, as I never have the occasion "maybe Vagas" to wear something so flashy.

Now for the search,always at least a couple of months of trying to decide which one.

Thank you, Sir

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Dutchy,

Your FM's are so beautiful .
Pretty sure I've seen most of your post's multiple times.
Those watches and your photography skills have a lot to do with my collection .
Never thought I would wear any gold, that has now changed.
This will be for for me, as I never have the occasion "maybe Vagas" to wear something so flashy.
Now for the search,always at least a couple of months of trying to decide which one.
Thank you, Sir

Thanks for your kind words.,, if you need some FM help....PM me!

tonystark

6/9/13
Hey, what would you do when your rose gold plating starts wearing out?