• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Quest for Ultimate HBB - New Ceramic Case

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It seems that it still doesn't end. This replica just refuses to leave the rep scene. Sales was/is/will be good for this particular watch. I have to admit, no matter how I tried, I still can't find another rep out of box which surpasses the quality of Hublot Big Bang from first factory. The premium that we all have to pay may seem unreasonable but seriously, I think this watch worth what it is being charged now.

There are at least 2 makers which uses full ceramic case now. One that is known is the one who make Luna Rossa rep. This watch is NOT made by first HBB factory. It comes with a few flavours. High beat/Low beat (with apparently more correct rotor and presence of regulator) and full ceramic/PVD bezel. Then came this new ceramic case from first Hublot factory:
http://www.puretimewatch.com/products_p ... -08-04.JPG

I would say the quality is really good, just based on the picture alone. Price of such watch commanding around 700 USD mark. I would say that if you are looking for a Black Magic/All black, this is the right time to buy yours!

But of course, you have to choose, none of the open caseback HBB rep provides 100% accuracy. Either the saw tooth of the rotor, missing regulator or just that correct rotor but with low beat movement. This makes it even with ceramic case, you still have to live with inaccuracy present on open caseback HBB.

So in my opinion, the best Hublot rep is still the Tuiga with closed caseback. The RG is the most beautiful but the weight won't match the real deal. The SS is more accurate in this matter but then again... Who does walk around with weighing scale?

Comments are welcomed.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Thank you very much PZ> No I hadn't seen the thread but now I have.

Well. For sure Josh is not the only one who has access to the first Hublot maker and true to what I wrote above, open caseback makes it easy to spot the fake.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
I think there was a post somewhere on how to buy and install a regulator, I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
No problem takashi. I would recommend everyone to take very good care when ordering a HBB rep.... if there are really 6 makers out there you can get a mix up with your dealer very fast.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
for me ...i agree with taka...HBB been quite remarkble achievement in this rep world field...i love my SS version...now i think would love to pick up the tuiga later next year..after the economy start to rise again ...

the ceramic case look awesome..but the movement at the back.still not good ..but wat can u do..just dont show to anyone of the back side LOL