• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*** The panda thread *** - post your vintage Daytona pics!

bipbip

1/5/13
France
anybody selling?? i have an old DW 6239 with mystery movement but ready for a HQ Vietnamese watch!

1Azuimu

Nwd9UWw.jpg

1Azuimu

1Azuimu

Pm if ultra franken phong wanted

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Bookmarked - I've got a few on order. I'm not sure whether to accept imperfections or to try and do a franken.

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Not a Daytona but this would be one of my most favorite dial color configuration IMHO blue and white do go well together
f53fa7fef8e2c0053dd9f265ab4ba6e9.jpg

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Are the bracelets on these not very good/not close to gen? I have bought 4 Paul Newman style and none of the bracelets are the folded links style (which is gen I believe) - mine have screws. Is that partly why people use leather straps on them? I'll post pictures to show what I mean later. I was thinking of buying a gen bracelet from ebay.

Garraaan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/16
Man! I wish i could tempt you guys to sell me one of these. Thanks for sharing these great photos.

Vonn

15/11/16

I only now discovered that the watch is flawed. I couldn’t find a ref. that could have served as example. The ROC wouldn’t feature the “Daytona” and the red indexes, the 6241 has push crowns. I totally love the combination but now that I know it feels awkward. Any suggestions how to fix this if I want to keep it panda and oyster?

icqmtl77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/09
Vonn there are just too many variant of PN out there. And there are more PN replicate than the Gen produced. So there is a likelihood that those on others wrist is rep as well. And it will only take a expert to call you out .

And as usual, we wear the watches because we like it that is nice. Rep or Gen doesn't matter.

I always feel more comfortable with my rep because with my Gen, I always have to be so careful not enough to have desk scratches on the bracelet .lol .

the below is quite a good read

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/reference-points-the-paul-newman-daytona

Vonn

15/11/16
It’s not about being called out or something like that. I’ve read tons of blogs on the Paul Newman Daytona’s in the past days and never, not even once there popped up a dial like this one. This is, regarding all differences of the models and years, a complete phantasy watch.
1.) There is no ROC with the red indexes. There is one that has ROC and Daytona, but it is a periodically correct dial with only two colours. The three-coloured dial is only featured in the earlier push-only cases, so it is always missing the „oyster“.
2.) There is a „reverse Panda“ with red indexes in an oyster case, but it is a dial modified by Singer (who made dials for Rolex) that says „Rolex Cosmograph Oyster“ (RCO) instead of ROC. (That is the 1 Million Rolex, ref. 6263/6239)

Reactions: d4v3

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
This is a very rare GHOST Dial , with the magical disappearance of "6" in the subdial at six.....(one piece only...cause of an drawback in the vintaging modding...;-)

http://
20gmhzr.jpg