• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*** The panda thread *** - post your vintage Daytona pics!

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
It will seem a coincidence ,
also because your dial " Tiffany" is one of the first printed ( it was sold 7/8 years ago' ) but I think that the size of the letters characters are the same used Linz ( Linz Brothers Dallas - USA ) , if it was so you would really have a rare rarity !!!
;)
If you notice the recent Tiffany , they are much finer as characters and are of the same profile as the "Rolex Cosmograph" , notice it well !!!;)

diemuse

Patron
Certified
30/8/16
GER
It will seem a coincidence ,
also because your dial " Tiffany" is one of the first printed ( it was sold 7/8 years ago' ) but I think that the size of the letters characters are the same used Linz ( Linz Brothers Dallas - USA ) , if it was so you would really have a rare rarity !!!
;)
If you notice the recent Tiffany , they are much finer as characters and are of the same profile as the "Rolex Cosmograph" , notice it well !!!;)
Hey mate, you are right. But as far as I know there is not only one known example of a 6241 with a Tiffany & Co retailer print. So it is a nice fantasy model hence really unique. :)))

This 6239 was sold by Phillips last year and googling only leads to one example. There are a few white PN but no more black dialed version.

Reactions: rangan

diemuse

Patron
Certified
30/8/16
GER
Beautiful "long pusher MK 1" where did you get them? Really beautiful !!! 👍
Hey my friend, these P302 are from Cousins (cousinsuk.com), cemented in the case and modified to work with the ST19. That was the work from the previous owner. 😉

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Hey my friend, these P302 are from Cousins (cousinsuk.com), cemented in the case and modified to work with the ST19. That was the work from the previous owner. 😉
Thanks my friend, you are always very kind , they make a big difference , even in the genuine ones it is difficult to find them , it was a variant produced by Rolex for 3 years and therefore very rare , the classic ones have a length of 1.9mm while the "Long" ones should be 2.4 mm , try to measure them , have a nice Sunday ;)

Reactions: diemuse

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
3RwPQb.jpg

3RwCWi.jpg

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
All these vintage Daytonas are amazing. I'm just curious, especially for the Newman models, have you been approached by others who engage you in conversation about your watch? How do you explain wearing multiple 6 figure$$ on your wrist or do you just tell them its a rep?
I'm not talking about being "called out." I genuinely mean someone who wants to talk to you about it (politely of course)!

diemuse

Patron
Certified
30/8/16
GER
All these vintage Daytonas are amazing. I'm just curious, especially for the Newman models, have you been approached by others who engage you in conversation about your watch? How do you explain wearing multiple 6 figure$$ on your wrist or do you just tell them its a rep?
I'm not talking about being "called out." I genuinely mean someone who wants to talk to you about it (politely of course)!
No, nobody has ever asked me anything about my watches. I think only we watch enthusiasts look on anyones wrist. I work in a job where people wear Rolex and other brands like AP or PP. But seriously, I choose to wear a PN or my Datejust or 116520 with the people I want to meet. I would never wear any of my PNs or even still my 6264 lemon dial around people who can tell from afar if you are wearing a rep. In my regular environment I rather wear my PNs because it's more safe to wear an old vintage watch that no one recognizes than a blingy 126334 or a 116520.