• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The new Bumblebee......

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Any news on if anyone is making a good 43 ROO? Spoke to a couple of dealers and nothing on the horizon it seems?

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Being a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, gotta admit, I kinda like it 👍🏻

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Because 43’s are subjectively uglier and due to the quick-change system, you cant swap out the straps easily - one of the most interesting things on ROOs (as on PAMs). I mean you can, BUT you loose the thing you partially bought it for.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Because 43’s are subjectively uglier and due to the quick-change system, you cant swap out the straps easily - one of the most interesting things on ROOs (as on PAMs). I mean you can, BUT you loose the thing you partially bought it for.
The quick change straps system specifically allows owners of the watch to swap out straps easily.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Yeah I left out a few words, so Ill explain what I meant -> straps meaning the ones people are likely to already have purchased for their previous / older models, without the quick-change system.
As you well know, they arent interchangeable, so either you lose the quick-change or you have to buy more quick-change straps and wont be able to utilize your older ones.

Reactions: Autobús

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I do not think its an issue at all, at least from a gen owner point of view.
For most if not all of my current APs (I do not wish to name the current number here but lets just say its sizable), I do not see the need to change the straps for any of them. I think that the color theme, dial and material of the watches are much more significant factors when it comes to the appeal of any AP watch, with strap choices being a distant secondary factor. The watches themselves mostly contain enough features to keep the owners attracted.
The strap choices for the quick-change enabled 42 and 43mm ROOs are limited somewhat but they are still appealing enough for anyone who will buy the watch. Overall though, the 43mm ROOs do not do as well as the 42mm due to their chunkiness and the overall market trend moving away from watches of such proportions. This was why AP discontinued the 44mms in favor of the 43mm, and why the 48mm ROOs (T3, Shaq, Legacy for example) were discontinued years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
To each his own. I have a different view, some watches I've had the strap was absolutely part of the design and appeal (26400SO for example) and Im sure there's people with all sorts of opinions on the matter, also Im not sure how many people have your level of collection, so the "need" might be subjectively different. For me the strap on ROO's is absolutely part of the appeal of the model line.

Reactions: Teamjlf

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I for one wouldn’t not buy a watch due to the somewhat limited availability of straps. It being ugly is a valid point but not having enough strap options isn’t imho.
That’s just me but also I haven’t met another person myself that didn’t buy it due to the strap limitations rather so for other reasons mentioned.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I for one wouldn’t not buy a watch due to the somewhat limited availability of straps. It being ugly is a valid point but not having enough strap options isn’t imho.
That’s just me but also I haven’t met another person myself that didn’t buy it due to the strap limitations rather so for other reasons mentioned.
The APs I know and like all have plenty to like without involving the straps. I think I do understand that there isn’t as much to appreciate on the rep and therefore straps need to form a more significant part of the attraction of the watch. Nothing wrong with that.
I guess we all do enjoy and appreciate the hobby at different levels and not everyone has the same level of understanding. 😆

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
It's okay, definitely a little more understated than the classic Bumble Bee with Forged Carbon and a striking yellow tachy. I just stared at mine and this one has nothing on the classic BB .