• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Miglia GMT

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
I am sure that we have all seen this watch by now, have read the reviews, and have formed our own opinions. As with every watch either they are, or are not appealing. My first experince with Chopard, like many of us, started with the 21 jewels XXL which I fell in love with, and immediately upgraded to the ultimate (a watch that unfortunately I am not happy with). When the GMT's came out several months ago I ordered three of each models and had no problems selling every model. Well through divine intervention one managed to stay in inventory to long, and instead of selling it quickly at a good price I thought that I would wear it for awhile with the thought of passing it off as used in the event that I did not like it.

Well what can I say, time has passed, seasons have changed, and now this has become one of my favorite watches. The bracelet is very well made, and I love the 'locking style' deployant clasp, although it was a bit tricky at first getting used to unlocking it, because I wear my watches predominantly on my right wrist. What I love most about this watch is the dial. The white is very clean and contrast nicely with the black subdials. The date aperature could have been done better, but hey other than that the watch is perfect. Bonus: Very close to the gen, too.

Cheers

TWP

Chopard-GMT-WD-BLK-SD-0.jpg

Chopard-GMT-WD-BLK-SD-5.jpg

Chopard-GMT-WD-BLK-SD-9.jpg

Chopard-GMT-WD-BLK-SD-10.jpg

CHOPWR.jpg

CHOPWR_1.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I totally agree with you TWP. This is such an understated watch. I am really sure the engineers have put some thoughts hatching out this watch. It deserves some kind of design award. Surprisingly it's very easy to read (GMT hands, hour and minute hands, chrono hands). It's one of my favourites too.

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
love it - i have the black dial and where often with tons of comps, now maybe the white...the white looks very stunning -

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
takashi said:
I totally agree with you TWP. This is such an understated watch. I am really sure the engineers have put some thoughts hatching out this watch. It deserves some kind of design award. Surprisingly it's very easy to read (GMT hands, hour and minute hands, chrono hands). It's one of my favourites too.

It is built better than the Breitling Blackbird, looks better IMO, and cost is about $100 dollars less. The power reserve is very nice.

I understand completely what you are saying taka. Very understated

Cheers

TWP

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I will bet I have come back and looked at this post 10 times. I never really considered this watch until I saw your pictures. This is truly a sickness. But thank you. :D

joey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/07
hi guys, anybody know where i can get the gem rubber strap for this beauty?

cheers,

jkerouac

16/3/06
joey said:
hi guys, anybody know where i can get the gem rubber strap for this beauty?

cheers,

From a gen dealer, perhaps? You can always just say it's for your brother or Dad, no need to bring in the watch itself.

But one additional reason I like this watch a lot if the solid, extremely comfortable, and great looking bracelet. If I were to replace the bracelet, I'd go with a high quality leather strap of some kind instead of rubber. I just replaced the rubber strap on XL with a leather strap with red stitching. Much, much classier.

bigdaddyo

3/8/07
Is there an asian version of this out there. That's a stunning piece.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
This is the asian version. Using Asian 7750. I haven't seen one with ETA7750+GMT function.

pit36bus

Known Member
22/10/07
love the chopard gmt. i was recently contemplating picking up a genuine, but they are pricey on the bracelet. the white dial is striking

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The AR on the rep is single sided. Genuine has double sided AR.