• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Hulktimate - Green goes Gold!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
16192816394490.jpg

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Stunning!

I know Thootjevdk threw his name in the hat before me, but if you ever sell, and he happens to decline first refusal, I'd love a PM to discuss a deal.

Reactions: KJ2020

kevBquick

9/10/18
KJ2020 brother that is so sick....super props are deserved.

now i can also see what you mean but 2 dozen projects....extremely well done.

also i think with gold text...its just too much. It brings balance to the dial with white text honestly. White indices markers, white DW. it brings just enough balance.
gold text would be overkill IMO design wise. i think this is just the right amount of everything.

Last edited:

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Greetings fellow watchaholics! A gold Hulk has been on my mind for a LONG time now and since neither Rolex nor the rep factories have come out with one that I like, I took the plunge and just made my own. VRF has one that comes close, but the dial says WATCHVICE on it and that’s a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for looking!

I'm speechless. Your attention to detail and overall know-how are amazing. Bravo my friend.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 brother that is so sick....super props are deserved.

now i can also see what you mean but 2 dozen projects....extremely well done.

also i think with gold text...its just too much. It brings balance to the dial with white text honestly. White indices markers, white DW. it brings just enough balance.
gold text would be overkill IMO design wise. i think this is just the right amount of everything.

Thanks bro. I agree about the white text, though I wasn't sure for a while. But apparently Rolex agrees too. IDK if you saw an earlier post of mine in this thread but the new blue dial for the 126613/8 LBs has all white text now too.

ZRnvQQ.jpg

Last edited:

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
[mention]KJ2020 [/mention] Green and gold is so synonymous with Rolex - the box, the adverts, Wimbledon etc. It would definitely be a winner in the real world!

Appreciate the white text is more legible and in keeping with the modern style but the thing I love about the last blueseys is how close you have to be appreciate the special sparkle of the gold dial print - perhaps a gold dial printing machine should be your next project ; )

Reactions: onlyrolexes

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
Thanks bro. I agree about the white text, though I wasn't sure for a while. But apparently Rolex agrees too. IDK if you saw an earlier post of mine in this thread but the new blue dial for the 126613/8 LBs has all white text now too.

ZRnvQQ.jpg

Absolutely agreed. White text is the reason I fell in love and pulled the trigger on the 126613LB. I’ve never loved a Sub as much as I do this combo and I have never liked the 116613LB variant.

That being said I hope Rolex one day makes your Ultimatehulk because that green / gold combo is amazing! Even as a two tone it would be insane!

e4f92178e2e5b309e00ce968bcd571d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: mrsullivan

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Absolutely agreed. White text is the reason I fell in love and pulled the trigger on the 126613LB. I’ve never loved a Sub as much as I do this combo and I have never liked the 116613LB variant.

That being said I hope Rolex one day makes your Ultimatehulk because that green / gold combo is amazing! Even as a two tone it would be insane!

e4f92178e2e5b309e00ce968bcd571d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a gorgeous piece bro, congrats. I thought seriously about putting my name on the list for one but I'm still so pissed about never getting a gen Hulk after 2 1/2 years waiting that I may never buy another one. I overheard a sales rep at my AD explaining to another customer that now when they get any sports models in they call their preferred customers immediately and most of the time their new inventory is gone in a couple hours. I can't compete with someone who bought a Cellini or leftover YM2 just to become "Preferred".

On another note, I considered doing a TT Hulk and made a mock up photo. But I decided FG would look better. And the more I see the white text, the more I like it.

ZRwy25.jpg

Reactions: apfever23

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
[mention]KJ2020 [/mention] Green and gold is so synonymous with Rolex - the box, the adverts, Wimbledon etc. It would definitely be a winner in the real world!

Appreciate the white text is more legible and in keeping with the modern style but the thing I love about the last blueseys is how close you have to be appreciate the special sparkle of the gold dial print - perhaps a gold dial printing machine should be your next project ; )

I still like the gold text dials. Both of these dials are going to be used very soon in upcoming builds.

ZRMgsF.jpg

But putting gold text on an existing dial is no easy task and requires pad printing a freshly painted dial. Unless one is going to dive deeply into that pursuit it makes a lot more sense to pay for a custom dial or be content with what else is available.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Wow mate...I don't have enough words to appreciate your out of the world talent n passion for watches!!!