• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Definitive Franken Planet Ocean Thread

MSAMatt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/12/14
hopefully I will have one to add to this list soon. Need to find a 42mm white number dial and hopefully a sunnydale or used gen crystal first.

Kazmisz166

Horology Curious
3/9/16
Is there universal place to find gen parts?
on cousins ofc some are restricted ;/ so i need only looking on forums and ebay??

opronnie

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/11/13
thanks for this thread, looking forward to modding my omega seamaster.

Juraj_G

Renowned Member
24/9/16
What should I do if I want to get a rubber strap with stitching for my Franken UPO? Have they repped that or do I need to buy a genuine one? I really love my CR PO with rubber and would like to have a similar look for my UPO. I know CR PO rubber fits but it does not fit good enough.

You know, this look:

Hi sunnydale, regarding the rubber, i have recently bought one 22/20 mm inc. Clasp on eBay from "topshopmalta", pretty decent, very comfy, for great price. So if you want, you can have a look there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axs1970

Renowned Member
19/3/17
UK
Hi all - brilliant thread about my favourite watch.

I've just got my first rep UPO and love it - I've had a couple of gen 45mm in the past and the rep is fantastic.

A lot of the early posts in this thread have missing pics, and I want to know how to fit a gen bezel to my watch.

I have the intime UPO (link below) will the gen bezel swap straight out, but if not, can anyone point me in the direction of instructions with pics please (including instructions on removing the bezel without damaging the watch)

https://www.intime01.co/omega/2481-...ition-black-dial-bezel-on-bracelet-a2824.html

Cheers

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
Hi all - brilliant thread about my favourite watch.

I've just got my first rep UPO and love it - I've had a couple of gen 45mm in the past and the rep is fantastic.

A lot of the early posts in this thread have missing pics, and I want to know how to fit a gen bezel to my watch.

I have the intime UPO (link below) will the gen bezel swap straight out, but if not, can anyone point me in the direction of instructions with pics please (including instructions on removing the bezel without damaging the watch)

https://www.intime01.co/omega/2481-...ition-black-dial-bezel-on-bracelet-a2824.html

Cheers

If it's the BP model from two years ago it should fit without mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mercedes123

Renowned Member
15/10/15
Deutschland
4fa4d8beaf.jpg

Hi guys,

My First Franken Omega Planet Ocean 42 mm

On RWI I had read many trends, real beauties were built here although I already have a Gen Omega Planet Ocean 2500 42 mm pumpkin I have set myself in the head also to start such a Franken Omega project. Well, a few months later I was finally ready
Had bought all gene parts now I still needed a watchmaker / modder where the clock builds me.

At the same time I saw on the net a Gen Omega Po 2500 moment which would be perfect for Franconia project I bought it and started a trend on Rwi with photos of all the Omega 2500 Moment parts which I had bought it turned out the important parts were missing so that It was impossible to complete the work completely.
Santree22 had suggested to me you could block the complete automatic bridge from my Omega 2500 moment into an Eta 2892-A2
I thought this was a great idea so I asked santre22 if he would take over the entire franc Omega Po He agreed

And here is Well the result with the Gen Omega parts where were installed

Gen bezel, dial, hands, crown, tube, He valve and a Swiss Sapphire double AR crystal and a new Gen clasp

Gen Dial 2201.50 from pjsayer bought here in the forum. Thank you
Gen He Valve by pjsayer bought here in the forum. Thank you
Gen Hour and Minute Hands. new. cousinsuk.com
Gen Second Hand. new. cousinsuk.com
Gene. Bezel, Black, Omega 082SU1702 Ebay
Bezel spring new. cousinsuk.com
Gen Date Wheel new. cousinsuk.com
Gen Crown new. cousinsuk.com
Gen Tube new. cousinsuk.com
Gen spring bars new.cousinsuk.com
Gen Omega Clasp New
Swiss Sapphire double AR crystal .. By rnrprof Thanks (Stephen)
Case and Caseback by.Rep Omega Planet Ocean 42 mm Blk Bez by Josh. Perfect Clones
MOVEMENT ETA 2892-A2. 100% SWISS New. ebay
Gen Omega 2500 automatic bridge completely mounted on the Eta 2892-A 2 (Santre22)
Gen 952 Endlink
Water Resistant. 5 ATM. Both examinations existed.

Santre22 has really done a great job and spent a lot of time and work on the franken
380591e358.jpg
projekt.Mario / Rob

d8ntfo447ps.png

40cewiltllc.jpg
28d8414a3e.jpg
c3185707b1.jpg
4bu2e75mh09.png
g706k3qayp4.jpg
9b0eebfbc1.png
61dc480114.jpg
faeda9b3c7.jpg
a14e30b32e.jpg
45eecb1b1d.jpg
6fec0bfd50.jpg
e027ed749f.jpg
b4c5dpfmvl4.jpg

https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...-42-mm.377114/

Last edited:

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Hey guys, question about franken 45.5 mm UPO. I recently bought one with genuine dial, hands, crystal, bezel and datewheel. It is a great looking watch but the date numbers are left justified. Is it due to wrong datewheel or is the dial attached to movement somehow incorrectly? I took the movement out and checked that the dial pins are in the movement holes (genuine dial pins do not attach to movement because they are too short) so there should not be that much play? The dial is glued or taped on the movement so I did not want to move it without taking off the hands first. This is the problem:

Do I remember incorrectly and there is more play on the dial when it is not attached to movement?

d.brocke

I'm Pretty Popular
Great Thread...especially during the time the OP thought of it.
The PO's are awesome watches, both Franken and gen as well.
But because this thread has been rekindled I can't help but to mention a few things for those wishing to start a Franken PO.
( or any other Omega reference for that matter )
First and foremost : visit ofrei, cousins.uk ( or ask someone you know that's registered on cousins) )and every other vendor sites you know of that stock ( or used to ) Omega parts and find all the parts you'll be needing
That's really all there is to it because once you've done that it's a safe bet that you're not likely to go any further without your already having all the needed parts or you're very tight with someone that does.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hey guys, question about franken 45.5 mm UPO. I recently bought one with genuine dial, hands, crystal, bezel and datewheel. It is a great looking watch but the date numbers are left justified. Is it due to wrong datewheel or is the dial attached to movement somehow incorrectly? I took the movement out and checked that the dial pins are in the movement holes (genuine dial pins do not attach to movement because they are too short) so there should not be that much play? The dial is glued or taped on the movement so I did not want to move it without taking off the hands first. This is the problem:

Do I remember incorrectly and there is more play on the dial when it is not attached to movement?
To the best of my knowledge, the gen date window is slightly off set from the standard 2836 placement. This is the most likely cause of the left justified font. Are you sure it's a gen date wheel? How did they install it? Is it glued to the standard date wheel?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
To the best of my knowledge, the gen date window is slightly off set from the standard 2836 placement. This is the most likely cause of the left justified font. Are you sure it's a gen date wheel? How did they install it? Is it glued to the standard date wheel?

Thanks for the reply mate! Gen datewheel fits 2824-2 movement, no need to glue on top of rep one. I think you think about crpo where gen dw does not fit.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Sunnydales franken above is mine now. I am actually doubtful it's a gen datewheel which may explain the position, the numbers are a little 'dull' compared to the brighter font on a gen.

Anyway here's a picture to keep this thread alive seeing as a lot of the old links have had the images removed.

This is a upo. Gen dial, hands, crystal (new colourless AR), entire bezel assembly and gen rubber strap.