• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The DayTona difference between CF, BTF and gen

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
I think the hour markers just look too wrong on the clean. If they update them and make them rounder and nicer I get one đŸ˜‰

Reactions: Paulie-D

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I think the hour markers just look too wrong on the clean. If they update them and make them rounder and nicer I get one đŸ˜‰
But is it really that obvious on the wrist? I don't think the hour markers on CF look half as bad as BTF, and on the wrist neither of them look bad. Just my humble opinion.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
No, I mean if you run your finger around the edges of both watches... Which one is more sharp (which is a bad thing for daytonas as they are supposed to have rounded edges)?
I have heard Clean is more like a Sub or GMT with sharp edges, while BTF is more rounded like GEN.
They kinda feels the same

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
No, I mean if you run your finger around the edges of both watches... Which one is more sharp (which is a bad thing for daytonas as they are supposed to have rounded edges)?
I have heard Clean is more like a Sub or GMT with sharp edges, while BTF is more rounded like GEN.
They kinda feels the same

GG2019

Patron
Certified
23/12/19
Uk
What’s the best case, bracelet & movement to use for a franken? Currently building a 116520 but unsure what to use

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
from photos of the sides BTF has a much better case shape than CF for me. But then maybe I'm seeing wrongly
What do you think is better for 116500 Panda Daytona?:
1. Swap CF dial, hands, movement into BTF watch?

2. Keep CF watch and replace crystal for gen

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
What do you think is better for 116500 Panda Daytona?:
1. Swap CF dial, hands, movement into BTF watch?

2. Keep CF watch and replace crystal for gen
Interesting question, someone have feedback?

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Anyone know a place where I could get my Clean crystal swamped in Switzerland or Frankfurt Germany?