• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The CrPO faded bezel gallery...

PoptheC

18/5/13
So I received a new bezel from my dealer after rejecting about three possible replacements. I was starting to get a tad frustrated that they kept on offering up sub par examples.

Took a trip to the local art store and picked up some matte clear coat.

Used a hair dryer to heat up the bezel and was able to remove the original insert.

Results as follows

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

Looks good! May I ask how do you remove the bezel?

chunky

Horology Curious
14/11/12
Thanks drbollocko !

Removal of the bezel is an easy task on the crpo - as long as you get over the initial fear of breaking something. For best results use a watch case back removal tool - or a pen knife blade.

At the bottom of the watch (6 o'clock position) place the blade in the small gap between the bezel and the watch case (just above where the strap end link meets the case).

By applying firm controlled pressure on the blade the bezel will pop up. Take the blade out and try the same again at the 1 o'clock position. BE CAREFUL - do not insert the blade at 7/11/3 as this is where the tabs for the ratchet on the bezel are and you could damage them.

Photos below

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk HD

PoptheC

18/5/13
Thanks drbollocko !

Removal of the bezel is an easy task on the crpo - as long as you get over the initial fear of breaking something. For best results use a watch case back removal tool - or a pen knife blade.

At the bottom of the watch (6 o'clock position) place the blade in the small gap between the bezel and the watch case (just above where the strap end link meets the case).

By applying firm controlled pressure on the blade the bezel will pop up. Take the blade out and try the same again at the 1 o'clock position. BE CAREFUL - do not insert the blade at 7/11/3 as this is where the tabs for the ratchet on the bezel are and you could damage them.

Photos below

Thanks mate, will try this on mine over the weekend...

chunky

Horology Curious
14/11/12
Press it down back onto the watch. Be careful to ensure that the metal ring with the 3 pawls (angled metal that prevents the bezel moving clockwise) is stated correctly. There is a single peg on the ring that sits in a hole. You should be able to do it with finger pressure.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Great Minds...... Spotted the sticky on how to identify the part No's but I think (as a noob mind you) that that thread is for the Pre Cr version. But isn't part of the thrill now that we own a 'replica' that we want to improve it and make it more real ? I feel a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates for the wife is going to be needed next week !!

If you read carefully, you will notice that the Franken Master (R2D4) listed which model the parts are for. ;)

Feel free to make a list of available parts for this newer version. :nah:

chunky

Horology Curious
14/11/12
Thanks for the pointer Q5 ! I will have to revisit that thread with a fresh set of eyes !

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11

Still holding on... I have a Noob PO 42 LM LE on order from Sora - I'll see how it compares with my CrPO and gen 2500C and decide which one to keep

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thanks drbollocko !

Photos below

Do you have a pic of the back of the bezel?

doubleohseven

8/11/12
this must be the worst ever..
ogidkn.jpg

sdnqt3.jpg