• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The CrPO faded bezel gallery...

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
For the CrPO owners out there please post up some wristies to see how faded the inserts have got on yours. To make us feel better I'll start by posting a couple of gens with very faded insert numerals. There was I thinking it was just the rep ones that fade...

View attachment 21269

View attachment 21270

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Oh, well that's not too bad then. Perhaps they came from the same factory :snicker:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
The gens aren't faded, there may be an oily based substance on the insert causing it to look dull, ...which is the nature of matte ceramic...nothing that a bit of soap and water can't sort out.

The gens dont have painted numerals, they are laser cut and filled with chromium nitrade.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
The gens aren't faded, there may be an oily based substance on the insert causing it to look dull, ...which is the nature of matte ceramic...nothing that a bit of soap and water can't sort out.

The gens dont have painted numerals, they are laser cut and filled with chromium nitrade.

+1

Guys my brother has a gen 45mm and he's being wearing it regularly for the last year. The insert doesn't fade. Like drbollocko said, the surface is a matte finish and the second anything oily (like a sweaty finger) touches it the numbers start to look "faded". It wipes right off with light soap and water and looks fine again.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Oh that's a shame (well, obviously not for owners of the gen!). But at least slightly dull insert markings aren't as obvious a tell as I first thought. One more of mine in the sun...

View attachment 21453

So has anybody got any faded bezel CrPO pics to share?!

chunky

Horology Curious
14/11/12
My QC pics did suggest a slight fade on the triangle. Which i didn't pick up on. Now exchanging emails with my dealer trying to get a good non faded example to accept. Starting to lose patience as after 4 separate bezels that were presented to me each one looked to have the initial fading. I'm starting
to wonder if they just take the image without even looking at the bezel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
My QC pics did suggest a slight fade on the triangle. Which i didn't pick up on. Now exchanging emails with my dealer trying to get a good non faded example to accept. Starting to lose patience as after 4 separate bezels that were presented to me each one looked to have the initial fading. I'm starting
to wonder if they just take the image without even looking at the bezel.

you might get something slightly better then that but who cares anyway because itll fade after a while with everyday wear

chunky

Horology Curious
14/11/12
I'm starting to come around and accept it as a non-documented feature !

albiea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/13
you could possible replace it with a gen CrPO bezel... if you could get one (I know I can't find any!).

chunky

Horology Curious
14/11/12
Great Minds...... Spotted the sticky on how to identify the part No's but I think (as a noob mind you) that that thread is for the Pre Cr version. But isn't part of the thrill now that we own a 'replica' that we want to improve it and make it more real ? I feel a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates for the wife is going to be needed next week !!

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Is it weird for me to like it.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
If the Rollie ceramic bezels are anything to go by the Omega 8500 equivalents will cost a small fortune :-(

I can't work out whether mine has actually faded or not...

The insert markings are just a fraction duller (greyer?) than gen I think, but it's not an obvious tell so I can live with it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Noob factory is going to come up with - I hope they make a better fist of these than they have with the new 'super 1:1 copy, perfect, supreme' ceramic Sub (so far at least)...

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
2 and a bit months in and another shameless excuse to post unnecessary pics of my current fav watch...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No fading on mine as yet. It's had maybe 2 months of wear since new.

chunky

Horology Curious
14/11/12
So I received a new bezel from my dealer after rejecting about three possible replacements. I was starting to get a tad frustrated that they kept on offering up sub par examples.

Took a trip to the local art store and picked up some matte clear coat.

Used a hair dryer to heat up the bezel and was able to remove the original insert.

Results as follows