• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "CeraMeister" 116610LN Ceramic insert for Rolex Submariner....

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Just got some spare time and decided to install a CeraMeister on my own Sub-C LV...
..Here´s a teaser :)

veCV0.md.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.

gte587t

31/7/18
Got mine a few days ago .. wohoo .. looks great .. thank you!

20180912_222540.jpg

a night shot

20180904_221852.jpg

71bucks

18/5/10
Spirit, is there any chance of a v2 green insert with a bit more of an emerald green color? I’m sure I’d be happy with what you’re selling currently, and I’m gonna order one, but as nice as it is, with a little more green pop it’d be unreal and you would never keep them in stock.

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Hello Spirit! Kudos on the work done! I’m not really knowledgeable in technicalities, but they look great! Any chance you’ll be tackling the Batman, and - maybe later - the Pepsi?

Sent from my iPad using RWI

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
Received mine yesterday and proceeded to install it on my LN. Did a comparison to share the difference between Stock Noob (V7) vs Cerameister. Picture speaks for itself :)
Super glad Spirit started this project. Well done brother. Would be coming back for the LV.

PS: Yes, it came double-boxed, together with a screwdriver. And thanks for the tip ;)

vBAsh.jpg

yDVZD.jpg

yDuiU.jpg

yDKI8.jpg

yDpO3.jpg

yDvxb.jpg

yDIZ2.jpg

yDQid.jpg

yDcJZ.jpg

yDnXR.jpg

yDexg.jpg

yDxZa.jpg

yD9Fy.jpg

yDoJG.jpg

yDfXq.jpg

yDN26.jpg

yDFu0.jpg

nvrp813

Known Member
3/9/18
USA
Received mine yesterday and proceeded to install it on my LN. Did a comparison to share the difference between Stock Noob (V7) vs Cerameister. Picture speaks for itself :)
Super glad Spirit started this project. Well done brother. Would be coming back for the LV.

PS: Yes, it came double-boxed, together with a screwdriver. And thanks for the tip ;)

vBAsh.jpg

yDVZD.jpg

yDuiU.jpg

yDKI8.jpg

yDpO3.jpg

yDvxb.jpg

yDIZ2.jpg

yDQid.jpg

yDcJZ.jpg

yDnXR.jpg

yDexg.jpg

yDxZa.jpg

yD9Fy.jpg

yDoJG.jpg

yDfXq.jpg

yDN26.jpg

yDFu0.jpg

Looks fantastic! Well done. What was the tip?

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
lol... Sorry folks, no BLNR so far....but the GMT-LN is ready and will be presented soon...

While that, another pic of my CeraMeister LV
DSC03668x_R.jpg

Reactions: KeenEast

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
Thanks!

Spirit advised me to apply a small dollop of super glue on the back of the Pearl. I used GS Hypo Cement.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Thanks!

Spirit advised me to apply a small dollop of super glue on the back of the Pearl. I used GS Hypo Cement.

Whatever you have at hands :)
...I don´t get GS hypo cement here (not with this name/brand at least)... superglue seems to be easy to find worldwide

Cheers,
S.

Reactions: jamesezra

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
just got mine yesterday but could you please tell me how to remove old insert from bezel ?

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
just got mine yesterday but could you please tell me how to remove old insert from bezel ?
There are basically two ways -

1) If you choose to keep the original insert:
Pop the bezel out of the case. I used a Bergeon Swiss knife and it worked. Though I had to use quite a big of strength. Do remember to tape your case as the knife might leave marks.

Also, get ready to catch 4 very small pins and springs which may fly out. I was very lucky to find three on my bench and one on my floor.

2) If you choose to destroy your original bezel, use a craft knife (penknife) and slowly pry the insert off. Start from the lume pip and slowly make your way under the insert and eventually all around the insert.

The inserts are basically held by 3M double sided tape. Very strong but still possible to remove them. Do remember to do a cleanup of the naked bezel before pasting the new insert in.

I've tried both methods and both works for me.

Hope this helps.

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
Forgot to mention that after removing the bezel (Method 1), you can use a penknife to remove the insert from the back of the bezel.

Easier to do this as part of the insert sticks out from the bezel.

thepaxanion

Horology Curious
8/10/16
Just ordered mine! Can’t wait will post pics when installed with my gen XTAL and dayewheel noob V9