• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Beast which factory to choose?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have been searching up and down, left and right, for a TD sourced Beast replica. The closest I have found is this one from JJF:

Despite the description, this is closer to a 26237 than a 26238 (closed case back, second placement @12, etc). The major issue is JJF put a white text on black background datewheel. JJF makes the correct color datewheel on some of their other watches. I have asked my TD about whether they have fixed the DW. @legend any additional thoughts on this one or any other currently-made Beast reps? I have read almost all of your posts on the topic about going m2m or doing a custom build.
Like you mentioned this is more like a 26237, and yes, the 26237ST and 26238ST are both supposed to have a white background datewheel.
The 26237 has a date font which has never been repped by the factories either so no matter which way you look at it, it will be flawed.
My advice is not to be too pedantic about the flaws. For rep ROOs there would be many, unless you go franken. This will reduce some of the flaws, but it still will never be perfect.
Just look past the flaws, this is as good as it will get unless a clone movement is adopted.

Reactions: Allure

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
@legend I appreciate you always responding. Now I need to find someone to build me a franken Beast. This hobby is a bottomless pit of both fun and money. I wouldn’t have it any other way. 😀