• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Beast which factory to choose?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well to cut to the chase, for your expectations, it is best you consider building a franken using a JF base for the case and bracelet, and consider a gen dial, tachy, hands, and LWO movement.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Well to cut to the chase, for your expectations, it is best you consider building a franken using a JF base for the case and bracelet, and consider a gen dial, tachy, hands, and LWO movement.
Thanks! So JF it is then.

Actually I just wanna experience the rep first because I'm thinking of getting either the beast or the brick gen.

I thought about AP long and hard and I think after getting a few of their models that I really love, I'm gonna stop buying their stuff.
I'm tired of their shenanigans and lack of design.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks! So JF it is then.

Actually I just wanna experience the rep first because I'm thinking of getting either the beast or the brick gen.

I thought about AP long and hard and I think after getting a few of their models that I really love, I'm gonna stop buying their stuff.
I'm tired of their shenanigans and lack of design.
Every major gen luxury watch brand is playing the same game to different extents. The gen 26237 beast is going for around retail now so it’s a good time to buy. The rep beast wears very differently due to the thickness.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Every major gen luxury watch brand is playing the same game to different extents. The gen 26237 beast is going for around retail now so it’s a good time to buy. The rep beast wears very differently due to the thickness.

JF stopped making it I think. I couldn’t find one.
Unless JJF is JF

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I suggest you go to the boutique and ask them.
The beast you can sort of experience with a rep, but as legend stated, it wears very differently, due to its thickness.
It makes that much of a difference, even if it doesn't seem like it.

But the brick, you cannot even get close to with rep, the weight on the wrist with a bracelet is a very selective factor as to who can actually tolerate it for longer periods of time. I could not. Fine for an hour or two, but that's the limit for me.
Even the 15703 with a bracelet is a challenge for me sometimes. Not what you call super comfortable.

That said, JF is your best bet for both, but sadly, no more JF, so WTB.
The APSF I have not had the pleasure of handling, so cant say, but if you want it just to ascertain whether you go for beast or brick in gen, Id say any higher tier rep is fine for that purpose.

Reactions: TESLA760 and legend

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
The brick even for someone athletic and strong is still heavy? :)

Bummer on JF I wonder why they are gone.

I’m thinking of the blue dial with white chrono actually

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I'm not exactly small or weak, but despite liking heftier watches, this is over the line for me personally, your mileage may vary, it's a comfort thing and that's subjective, Im just saying what is my personal experience and experience of ppl around me.
Just my 2 cents mate :)

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
The brick even for someone athletic and strong is still heavy? :)

Bummer on JF I wonder why they are gone.

I’m thinking of the blue dial with white chrono actually
It’s weighs around 350g, so unless you’re used to wearing a one pound weight on your wrist I’d say it’ll be pretty noticeably heavy, like significantly more so than a platona with full links.

Reactions: Procurator

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
It’s weighs around 350g, so unless you’re used to wearing a one pound weight on your wrist I’d say it’ll be pretty noticeably heavy, like significantly more so than a platona with full links.
Geezus... That doesn't sound comfortable...

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I never heard of "The Brick," but my Zlatoust weighs 260 grams, so I can relate to what it must be like wearing a 350 gram watch . . .

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
I have been searching up and down, left and right, for a TD sourced Beast replica. The closest I have found is this one from JJF:

Despite the description, this is closer to a 26237 than a 26238 (closed case back, second placement @12, etc). The major issue is JJF put a white text on black background datewheel. JJF makes the correct color datewheel on some of their other watches. I have asked my TD about whether they have fixed the DW. @legend any additional thoughts on this one or any other currently-made Beast reps? I have read almost all of your posts on the topic about going m2m or doing a custom build.