• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Anal Detail Meter

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
So... just wondering... how many of you old timers are as anal when it came down to the fine details as you were when you first started in the rep scene?

Was very into the fine details in getting things right before making my first purchase... but that seems to be slowly declining as i noticed no one really gives a shit about what we wear.

The Anal Detail Meter

Level 1 : Noob
Description: Virgin to rep scene, expects answers to come on silver platter. Needs a good kick in the ass by batman

Level 2: The helpful member
Best mascot? George and his bobcat.
igod6.jpg

Level 3: The Know it All
Description: Knows everything. Down to the last detail

Level 4: I don't give a shit.
Wears watches because he can, he doesnt give a shit.
igojx.jpg

Level 5: Loaded bastard
Buys everything in sight. Good or bad.

igoxr.jpg

Level 6: The Catch and Release Master
Buys stuff, hates the details, releases it.
igp1i.jpg

Level ???: Chuck Norris
There is no level for Chuck Norris. He is THE level

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
:eek:hwell:

oh dear that was a coincidence :biggrin-new:

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
I found myself in the I don't give a shit description :rofl: Great post, made my day a bit better :)

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Geez, I'm glad I don't know anybody like that!

Me either.....see Retina it's like this. All these "phrases" "cliche terms" you memorize. We didn't just pick a few random ones and roll with em. Noobs, for over a decade now, and come into rep'dom straight from the WWW scam sites, speaking scam site language over and over and over and over and over... daily for a decade now. Why? I have no real evidence why but it keeps the community laughing and :facepalm'ing for sure.

as I have said for years, "some GET IT....some don't"

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
Geez, I'm glad I don't know anybody like that!

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

JAFO

Respected Member
16/10/13
All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to JAFO and his spacious Stratton offices and team of highly trained Strattonites - I mean professionals - is purely coincidental.

Fixed!

:)

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
you forgot hot dutchess wives and blue chip models :bounce:

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
Having a Gen first and KNOWING no one gives a rat's ass. I am not picky about details. I am more price oriented as these are not investments in as much as a gen that holds value as prices rise. Thats why I wear quartz Rep Chronos and don't buy the best of the best.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Very good Ret...

And JAFO only buys every Rolex in sight...:hehehe:

D

d4m.test

Very well done with a fine touch of humour. Very illustrative. The good thing about level 4 is, despite some minor backdrops to L3 on bad days, on the good ones You may just jump the next 3 to L7 straight away:)

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I'm not sure where I am, but I LOL'd a lot!
Brilliant post Retina :lol:

JAFO

Respected Member
16/10/13
Ok, I started out as a Noob that just wanted a rep that looked good and that I could enjoy. Bought my second rep here from WBK, loved it, flipped it and jumped head first into a 1675 project and got addicted to having my watches modded. Doesn't matter if it's several mods or just a gen crown and a gen spec plexi swap - I send nearly every watch I get to my modder. I picked up a cheapie 36mm DD in m2m a few months back, it's typical of what I do. It comes in, I look at it, make sure it functions and then stick it in a box and two hours later it's on its way to my modder for a gen crown and a crystal swap (should have been plexi but it came with a crystal) and a polish and rebrush of the top of the case. Now, it's just a cheapy old school DD but, as with most of my watches, I can't seem to leave good enough alone.

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
oh I don't know I think I'm making WBk's house payments which probably means I don't care much about details.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk