• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help Make this happen...40mm PVD PAM???

BogeyBoy82

Looking Around
20/2/10
I love Panerais. I have small wrists. I've tried to sport 44mm watches and it just looks funky.

So instead of ripping apart a $6k panerai and having it PVD coated (since Panerai doesn't make a 40mm PVD) I'd really like to get someone to make me one in Rep form. I've heard good things about Davidsen but I think the rumor is he doesn't dabble in any PAM 40mm's? If I can't get it already PVD coated I'll settle on a 40mm Panerai rep and rip it apart for coating...so i guess my main question is...

Who makes the most accurate 40mm Panerai replica? Don't care about cost. I want it deadly accurate. I want sapphire AR crystal, I want it to be stupid hard for someone to be able to tell its a rep

Thanks

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm going to watch this thread. :q5:

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
I love Panerais. I have small wrists. I've tried to sport 44mm watches and it just looks funky.

So instead of ripping apart a $6k panerai and having it PVD coated (since Panerai doesn't make a 40mm PVD) I'd really like to get someone to make me one in Rep form. I've heard good things about Davidsen but I think the rumor is he doesn't dabble in any PAM 40mm's? If I can't get it already PVD coated I'll settle on a 40mm Panerai rep and rip it apart for coating...so i guess my main question is...

Who makes the most accurate 40mm Panerai replica? Don't care about cost. I want it deadly accurate. I want sapphire AR crystal, I want it to be stupid hard for someone to be able to tell its a rep

Thanks

Well ,all reps have their flaws and tells. If you want such a high degree of accuracy and are willing to spend the money, you are probably better off buying a gen 40mm and sending it off to get coated. It has been done. Check out this thread-

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...ng-start-finish-38713?t=38713&highlight=avitt

BogeyBoy82

Looking Around
20/2/10
Well ,all reps have their flaws and tells. If you want such a high degree of accuracy and are willing to spend the money, you are probably better off buying a gen 40mm and sending it off to get coated. It has been done. Check out this thread-

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...ng-start-finish-38713?t=38713&highlight=avitt

I'm seriously considering doing it to a genuine however I have a hard time ripping apart a brand new watch haha. I would pick up a used one and do it to that but I was informed that if it has any flaws the PVD will accentuate those grotesquely. That could be a nut for perfections mis-information but needless to say if I were to get this done I'm assuming the guy in the thread linked is the one to talk to?

Also most of the 40mm PAMs don't tickle my fancy like some of their 44mm PVDs like the 004 and 009. I want to make a kinda "hybrid" of those in a 40mm version but frankly when its all said and done it probably would be better to just coat a genuine.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I was hoping for some ideas on where to find any 40mm PVD'd Pams.